PDA

View Full Version : Chlamydia false negative results?

Melcattt
16-08-18, 23:23
Hey guys! So, I've recently done things with someone new and the farthest we went was oral sex. It's been about 6 weeks since that event. I've been having usual symptoms to sound off the alarm such as itching, discharge and very mild burning. I went to Planned Parenthood just to be able to get in/get out, and the doctor did two types of tests. One for yeast, BV and Trich, and a urine test for chlamydia/gonorrhea.. it was odd from the start since she looked at the sample under a microscope and didn't send the test to a lab. The urine test was sent to a lab. She said she didn't find any indications for those infections except excess white blood cells which signaled chlamydia.. well I just got my results today and they both came out negative. What are the chances for a false negative? I'm sort of pushing for a second opinion.. but I've read after 6 weeks the results are mostly accurate. She said if it came back negative, to test again? I don't know, with todays technology, you'd think tests would be conducted properly. Should I get trust this??

darkside4k
16-08-18, 23:28
I would just go to another clinic or a urologist and get tested again.

Melcattt
16-08-18, 23:40
I'm definitely going to go to get tested again for the other three things I could have since she didn't send it to the lab.. just looked at it. But how likely is a false negative?

nomorepanic
16-08-18, 23:55
We can't say how likely it is to be fair as we are not trained in doing these tests.

All you can do is get it re-tested if you are worried.