PDA

View Full Version : Got scratched by my cousin's puppy and worried about tetanus?

yodascat
17-08-18, 12:45
Hey guys,

Like the title says, I was at my cousins house and was playing around with my cousin's puppy and got a tiny scratch.

I haven't had my tetanus shot for >10 years.

I was wondering if I should go to the hospital? :/

Scass
17-08-18, 13:36
Check with your doctor. I got bitten by my sisters hamster & had to have a tetanus, so it is possible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lofwyr
17-08-18, 14:59
It's not an emergency, just see your GP and get a shot. You should have one anyway as part of routine medical care. That said, highly unlikely, but use it as a reminder to get the shot.

NervUs
17-08-18, 22:34
It's not an emergency, just see your GP and get a shot. You should have one anyway as part of routine medical care. That said, highly unlikely, but use it as a reminder to get the shot.

You will want the shot within 2 days of getting the scratch. I recently stepped on a nail, and they had me come in for a booster and it needed to be shortly after the incident.

neuroticcat
18-08-18, 05:07
I think you're exaggerating a little bit or haven't really been around animals. I have been scratched by a million cats and dogs by now and several other animals like hamsters, guinea pigs(one almost bit my finger off as I was feeding it), pet rats and never got tetanus. I would go to the hospital if I would get scratched by a rusty nail however...