PDA

View Full Version : Feeling strange, not with it

Frosty97
17-08-18, 15:32
Hello all,

The past 2 weeks I have started a new job working 65 hour weeks with overtime, ive never worked over 39 a week. Since then I have been feeling very strange and not myself, not quite with it. Very fatigued and quite dizzy. It feels like I don't know what the time is. I've suffered from GAD and health anxiety for quite a few years but feeling like this is way way out of my comfort zone. I'm not really sure what to do, the money is really good but how I'm feeling at the moment just isn't right.

Scass
17-08-18, 17:16
You must be shattered!! Plus you’re learning new stuff so you’re in overload. Make sure to rest up when you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vicky23
19-08-18, 13:47
That is a lot of hours it's no wonder you're feeling not right. Is this going to be a permanent thing working this many hours? If it is, I'd seriously consider getting another job because it's important to have balance not just working all the time. It's no good having all the money in the world but no time/energy to enjoy it!
If it's just temporary because of a deadline of whatever then I think just accept it's perfectly normal for you to feel like this as like Scass says you're brain is in overload but once you get back to a more regular working pattern that will calm down.
Best wishes
X

Frosty97
19-08-18, 19:27
Thank you both. I've been struggling ever since I started, on saturday I wake up into a panic attacks for the past 2 weeks and today I've been feeling very out of myself, feels like everything is 2D and I cant think straight. Is this dangerous? It's really scary and I'm convincing myself I have lost my mind..

vicky23
21-08-18, 13:39
Hi,
well I'm not a Dr but I very much doubt it's dangerous. It's much more likely to be your brain is overtired that's all

Sunnydelight
21-08-18, 14:25
I have that feeling a lot at the mo I just try to ignore it which is hard work sounds likes symptoms of anxiety and should do you you any harm x

CancerSurvivors
22-08-18, 13:26
asking god to protect you