PDA

View Full Version : Rectal/anal cancer fear

Rey1989
17-08-18, 16:25
Hello community,

I must admit my HA is out of control. I now think I may have some type of anal tumour growing. I’ve been told I have IBS by my dr, but I didnt have any symptoms for the longest time. Recently I’ve been having periods of constipation, and periods of loose stool.

About a week ago I had a BM and I could feel like the stool was kinda hard. When I wiped I realize there was fresh blood on the toilet paper.

Then I had blood a couple more times sporadically since then, a burning sensation, and pain. Feels like I have a lump there. Ive had 2 BM since yesterday without any visible blood, just soft. I know, TMI. Im sorry.

Whats worrying me is this constant pain i have in the area, the lose stools, sharp stabbing pains on my abdomen that would only last a split second (pretty intense pain tho) and the weirdest symptom: anal muscle spasms.. like a twitch you’d get on face, arm, etc, but in the anal area. Never had that one before in 29 years!

The logical thing would be roids or fissure, but my anxious brain tells me is much much worse.

I have a drs appt coming up so I’ll let him know, but in the mean time im terrefied about something sinister going on.

Does this sound like a typical case of roids to you or something else?

I get no one is a dr here so just personal opinions.

Thanks

Rey

Fishmanpa
17-08-18, 16:29
Go figure. Another Rectal cancer thread! I guess you've seen the other two ongoing threads? The reasons are the same.

Positive thoughts

AMomentofClarity
17-08-18, 16:31
Apparently cancer is highly contagious around these threads. I guess ever since the rabies pandemic died down, this is the new thing.

Rey1989
17-08-18, 16:53
Inactually had these thoughts in my head before coming here.

Only then I read the other thread.

Not sure if its a “cancer pandemic” or not, just thought of asking the community.

Ive had rectal bleeding before, but this time it hurts much more. Would it be just roids?

If thats the case this things are a real pain in the butt

Rey

Thank you both for your input.

utrocket09
17-08-18, 17:01
Hello community,

I must admit my HA is out of control. I now think I may have some type of anal tumour growing. I’ve been told I have IBS by my dr, but I didnt have any symptoms for the longest time. Recently I’ve been having periods of constipation, and periods of loose stool.

About a week ago I had a BM and I could feel like the stool was kinda hard. When I wiped I realize there was fresh blood on the toilet paper.

Then I had blood a couple more times sporadically since then, a burning sensation, and pain. Feels like I have a lump there. Ive had 2 BM since yesterday without any visible blood, just soft. I know, TMI. Im sorry.

Whats worrying me is this constant pain i have in the area, the lose stools, sharp stabbing pains on my abdomen that would only last a split second (pretty intense pain tho) and the weirdest symptom: anal muscle spasms.. like a twitch you’d get on face, arm, etc, but in the anal area. Never had that one before in 29 years!

The logical thing would be roids or fissure, but my anxious brain tells me is much much worse.

I have a drs appt coming up so I’ll let him know, but in the mean time im terrefied about something sinister going on.

Does this sound like a typical case of roids to you or something else?

I get no one is a dr here so just personal opinions.

Thanks

Rey

Those are all symptoms of anal fissures which are not serious. Happens when you have hard stool.

Scass
17-08-18, 17:09
How can you be certain it’s not your ibs? Do you take anything for ibs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rey1989
17-08-18, 18:32
Hi there,

Im not certain of anything, I was told by my doctor that I have IBs so for all I know this could be a flare up.

But the “anal” symptoms are whats freaking me out.

I hate the fact that Im seeing blood. That always freaks me out. I cant unlearn what ive read over the years and thats always referred to as a “red flag”

Rey

MRS STRESS ED
17-08-18, 18:33

Rey1989
18-08-18, 05:00

Im afraid thats whats gonna happen. Does it hurt?

MRS STRESS ED
18-08-18, 10:36
Im afraid thats whats gonna happen. Does it hurt?

it would be uncomfortable but not that bad .

why do you think it will happen to you ?

Rey1989
18-08-18, 16:22
it would be uncomfortable but not that bad .

why do you think it will happen to you ?

I meant the rectal exam.

Its scary. No more blood as of the last couple of days, still discomfort, twitching, and lose stool. I cant shake the thought of it being something sinister off my head. It will be a long wait until i see my doc on the 23rd

Rey

LunarCoffee
18-08-18, 20:47
No more blood as of the last couple of days

If you haven't been bleeding constantly it's not rectal/anal cancer.

Katie55
18-08-18, 21:24
Hi Rey sounds like my haemorrhoids- lumpy, stabbing pain, blood now and then. I used to get an ache as well. Try some haemorrhoid cream but you might need banding. I had that, it was painless.

Rey1989
18-08-18, 22:26
If you haven't been bleeding constantly it's not rectal/anal cancer.

Yea, no blood for the last 2-3 days, but same level of discomfort/pain.

Very very annoying. Plus my IBS symptoms are amplified which makes EVERYTHING worse. I really hope its nothing serious

---------- Post added at 17:24 ---------- Previous post was at 17:19 ----------

Hi Rey sounds like my haemorrhoids- lumpy, stabbing pain, blood now and then. I used to get an ache as well. Try some haemorrhoid cream but you might need banding. I had that, it was painless.

Yea! Definitely very bothering. Ive never had roids so I dont know what they feel like.

If this is it, its very very weird.

---------- Post added at 17:26 ---------- Previous post was at 17:24 ----------

Would anal/rectal cancer hurt this much before becoming significantly large? Last week I was fine and now i feel like crap. So i don’t know if thats a good thing or not

Katie55
19-08-18, 07:37
I don't know if anal/rectal cancer would hurt but haemorrhoid can be very very painful. Sometimes the pain from them kept me awake and I had to lie on my side. Honestly yours sounds like a classic example of haemorrhoids

MRS STRESS ED
19-08-18, 09:44
I meant the rectal exam.

Its scary. No more blood as of the last couple of days, still discomfort, twitching, and lose stool. I cant shake the thought of it being something sinister off my head. It will be a long wait until i see my doc on the 23rd

Rey
l know you meant retal examination, listen if it
was cancer it wouldn't
have a few days off it
would be there,my friend
died of this disease im
telling you it would be
alot worse than you are
saying .

Now please stop overthinking
how many people on this site
actually have had these symptoms and come back
with cancer :doh: now go
and figure that one out

best wishes x

Rey1989
19-08-18, 14:50
I don't know if anal/rectal cancer would hurt but haemorrhoid can be very very painful. Sometimes the pain from them kept me awake and I had to lie on my side. Honestly yours sounds like a classic example of haemorrhoids

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I also have a weird pressure feeling in my coxis area when im sitting in a car... would that be also attributed to hemorroids?

I dont want to have the thought of it being something really bad, but I cant.. i know no one here is a doc, i just needed to vent and get it out. Whats the likelyhood of anal/rectal cancer at 29? If you know I’d like to know, i dont want to go on google.

Rey

---------- Post added at 09:50 ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 ----------

l know you meant retal examination, listen if it
was cancer it wouldn't
have a few days off it
would be there,my friend
died of this disease im
telling you it would be
alot worse than you are
saying .

Now please stop overthinking
how many people on this site
actually have had these symptoms and come back
with cancer :doh: now go
and figure that one out

best wishes x

Its on and off, but the pain is kinda always there, and the feeing of pressure and like something is there. And now im sitting in a car and my bottom feels weird, like something is in my anal cavity. I know it all sounds weird but its happening...

Sorry if im bothering you all. I do appreciate the time and effort it takes to respond to these messages.

Thanks

Rey

Katie55
19-08-18, 15:28
There is a haemorrhoid inside so maybe that's the feeling you describe. You just have the symptoms of haemorrhoids, I know, I have suffered with them! As another poster said, if it was cancer it wouldn't cone and go

Rey1989
19-08-18, 15:33
There is a haemorrhoid inside so maybe that's the feeling you describe. You just have the symptoms of haemorrhoids, I know, I have suffered with them! As another poster said, if it was cancer it wouldn't cone and go

I’ll have it checked out for sure though. I read online that an anal fisure can cause anal spasm, or twitching (which ive been having on and off)

Messed up for sure

Rey

MRS STRESS ED
19-08-18, 16:56
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I also have a weird pressure feeling in my coxis area when im sitting in a car... would that be also attributed to hemorroids?

I dont want to have the thought of it being something really bad, but I cant.. i know no one here is a doc, i just needed to vent and get it out. Whats the likelyhood of anal/rectal cancer at 29? If you know I’d like to know, i dont want to go on google.

Rey

---------- Post added at 09:50 ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 ----------

Its on and off, but the pain is kinda always there, and the feeing of pressure and like something is there. And now im sitting in a car and my bottom feels weird, like something is in my anal cavity. I know it all sounds weird but its happening...

Sorry if im bothering you all. I do appreciate the time and effort it takes to respond to these messages.

Thanks

Rey

please don't think you are bothering me it just bothers me you cant get some peace from this
Best wishes x

Rey1989
20-08-18, 00:41
It bothers me so much that its hard to think its just roids.

nomorepanic
20-08-18, 00:44
So why aren't you getting it looked at then?

Rey1989
20-08-18, 03:58
So why aren't you getting it looked at then?

I am, on the 23rd. Thats when my docs appt is. But until then i’ll have to deal with it. Thank you for stoping by tho

Rey1989
21-08-18, 11:07
So I havent noticed blood for the last 3-4 days now, if it was something bad it would always be there correct? Im trying to rationalize why its something less serious than colon/rectal cancer.

I still have discomfort around anal area, as well as a lower back pain, almost at the very tip of the bone really close to the anus. Its really weird because i dont know if its back pain or something else..

Fishmanpa
21-08-18, 13:20
So I havent noticed blood for the last 3-4 days now, if it was something bad it would always be there correct?

"Told Ya So Gang" on standby :winks:

Positive thoughts

LunarCoffee
21-08-18, 16:18
So I havent noticed blood for the last 3-4 days now, if it was something bad it would always be there correct? Im trying to rationalize why its something less serious than colon/rectal cancer.

I still have discomfort around anal area, as well as a lower back pain, almost at the very tip of the bone really close to the anus. Its really weird because i dont know if its back pain or something else..

With something like rectal cancer if it starts it shouldn't stop. I'd know that, I've probably googled everything related to colorectal cancer at this point, looked through datasheets and presentations possibly older than me, and yeah.

Also, I'm not bleeding, but I might have that weird discomfort you're talking about. For me I feel like it's kind of like I have to go, but not really an urge. Also the area feels much bumpier when I wipe now, so that's a thing. And I probably don't have rectal cancer at 13 years of age.

Rey1989
21-08-18, 19:24
You most certainly don’t have rectal cancer at 13. Im 29 so statistically speaking it could very well happen in my age group. I haven’t seen blood again for 3-4 days now. Just IBS symptoms. Diarrea, mucus, abdominal pain, and itching around anus etc

LunarCoffee
21-08-18, 20:39
You most certainly don’t have rectal cancer at 13. Im 29 so statistically speaking it could very well happen in my age group. I haven’t seen blood again for 3-4 days now. Just IBS symptoms. Diarrea, mucus, abdominal pain, and itching around anus etc

We look at other threads, even on the same topic as our own fears, and tell each other "you most certainly don't have cancer," while still worrying about it ourselves.

Rey1989
21-08-18, 20:48
But you have better odds of getting hit by an asteroid than having rectal cancer. So those are pretty good odds to me!

LunarCoffee
21-08-18, 21:06
But you have better odds of getting hit by an asteroid than having rectal cancer. So those are pretty good odds to me!

Fun fact: I looked it up and it's actually true. Anyone in the world that is 10-14 years old is around around 22 times more likely to die from something caused by a meteorite, whether that be broken glass, a fire, the rock itself, etc. Damn.

What I have that you don't have that makes me so scared is a constant symptom, and although it's rare in children with colorectal cancer, it's still a constant symptom.

What you have that I don't are other arguably more common signs of it, even though they aren't constant (which means they aren't cancer). :)

Rey1989
23-08-18, 22:56
I get this sharp stabbing pain coming from inside the anus, for like a second, and then it goes away. Is that normal with IBs, hemorroids etc?

nomorepanic
23-08-18, 23:14
Have you seen doc yet?

Rey1989
24-08-18, 00:43
Hopefully tomorrow. Todays appt got cancelled unfortunatelly

---------- Post added at 19:43 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

I just had a BM, normal size and appearance, no blood upon wiping, just some mild pain before and after. Not sure what to think of it

Fishmanpa
24-08-18, 01:00
Not sure what to think of it

That it's normal and you're physically fine? :shrug:

Positive thoughts

Rey1989
24-08-18, 01:10
Hey Fishmanpa!

I know its most likely nothing serious, other than a fissure or roids, but the pain is what freaks me out. Because it gets my mind going with all the what if scenarios.

I know I suffer from sever anxiety, but at this point I dont know what else to do. Ive tried a bunch of stuff, and nothing seems to be long lasting. I get better and then something else comes around and i go down the rabbit hole again.

Super super tiring to say the least. I wish I could manage it better. At least now i know what most symptoms mean and I do not freak out as much about them, but the whole BM blood situation really shocks me.

spacebunnyx
24-08-18, 07:57
I have had fissures and haemerroids, what you are describing sounds exactly what I had. I used to get get some bright red blood on loo paper, sharp pain. Eventually got it all seen to and ended up having a haemerroids stapled... But that's a whole other thing! ��

Rey1989
24-08-18, 18:06
Yes its most likely hemorroids or something like that. I’ll try to see my GP on monday to get it checked out anyways.

Thank you all for replying to my thread

Rey1989
31-08-18, 00:59
Hi,

I just wanted to let the community know that i did go to the dr and it was hemorroids.

I’ll wait for all the “told ya so” comments! Thanks to all who participated

Rey

Rey1989
28-04-19, 22:13
Hey everybody,

I’m back. Re reading my own post for reassurrance.

I’m having all the exact symptoms as the ones I described before, but now I have no visible blood,
Pain in the tip of the bone around butt, anal pain, and the scariest: ribbon-like stools...

They are kinda flat looking... Could this be a sign of a rectal tumour? Im panicking...

Thanks for reading

Rey

Fishmanpa
28-04-19, 22:24
I’m back. Re reading my own post for reassurrance.

I’m having all the exact symptoms as the ones I described before, but now I have no visible blood,
Pain in the tip of the bone around butt, anal pain, and the scariest: ribbon-like stools...

They are kinda flat looking... Could this be a sign of a rectal tumour?

C'mon Rey... :lac: You know better.

Positive thoughts

Rey1989
28-04-19, 22:42
C'mon Rey... :lac: You know better.

Positive thoughts

Gosh I know.. its so hard to fight the urge... and when things like this happen I always go for the worse case scenario. I don’t remember seeing ribbon-shaped stools so thats what threw me off this time, because if it was anything else at least i’d know Ive had it before... same old same old. Just looking for reasurance..

Rey

Fishmanpa
28-04-19, 22:54
same old same old. Just looking for reassurance..

Anxiety.....

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT5LMzL7wsorPtAAqk/giphy.gif

Positive thoughts

Rey1989
28-04-19, 23:13
Can this be attributed to hemorroids? I also suffer from IBS although ive never been officially diagnosed

Beachlady
29-04-19, 17:26
You initially posted this concern almost a year ago. Cancer doesn't take a year-long holiday, then return. :winks:

Are you seeing someone for your anxiety?