PDA

View Full Version : Please can someone help me

joshi
17-08-18, 19:28
I've been suffering from health anxiety since about 6 months ago when I got this tension headache, now I've had tests, lights through the eyes, blood tests and a mri without contrast, which all came back clear, now after the MRI I was completely fine for a about 4 months other than a headache and some trapped wind that made me feel a little sick in the mornings but I have sorted out now but no other symptoms, recently I've been smelling smoke that doesn't seem to be there, now this brought all the brain tumour anxiety back which has now got me in the same place I was before, thinking that the doctors may have missed my brain tumour as it was without contrast, can someone please help me could this be anxeity or should I be worried, thank you

Andrash
17-08-18, 19:58
I've been suffering from health anxiety since about 6 months ago when I got this tension headache, now I've had tests, lights through the eyes, blood tests and a mri without contrast, which all came back clear, now after the MRI I was completely fine for a about 4 months other than a headache and some trapped wind that made me feel a little sick in the mornings but I have sorted out now but no other symptoms, recently I've been smelling smoke that doesn't seem to be there, now this brought all the brain tumour anxiety back which has now got me in the same place I was before, thinking that the doctors may have missed my brain tumour as it was without contrast, can someone please help me could this be anxeity or should I be worried, thank you

With or without contrast, MRIs can't miss and don't lie. You had clear MRI - you don't have a tumour. Period. And anxiety does influence our ability to smell.

Moreover, phantom smells are often a symptom of something much more common than tumour and totally harmless - clogged sinuses. I am not a doctor but I do suffer from chronic sinus issues and both headaches and smell problems are my symptoms. It is worth checking out.