PDA

View Full Version : constant buzzing in ears driving me mad

miss motown
15-08-07, 23:20
buzzing hissing wotever it is it just wont leave me alone ive had this now for months and my gp is no help at all will this ever go away ur is this the start of old age im 42 and going thru the menapause gp reckons it could be one of th symptoms if so its driving me insane anyone else suffer with this and if so is there anythink i can take for it

geordie flower
16-08-07, 08:24
Hiya, has yor doc not mentioned tinnitis-my granda has suffered with this for years and he describes it the same as you, I often get a lowgrade buzzing noise in my ears like a dull humming, ive always just put it down to my anxiety because it started at the same time as my anxiety did, I just try to ignore it - easier said than done sometimes! take care tracey :) x

PaulaRubyLove
16-08-07, 12:55
I had this a while ago, and it drove me nuts! My doctor said it was probably due to anxiety (I'm only 20 so it definitely wasn't menopause for me). I just kept trying to pop my ears and clear them, sometimes I put some drops in, or just cotton wool at night if it was bugging me really badly. Eventually it just went away. I hope yours will go away soon too.

honeybee3939
16-08-07, 13:19
Hi Miss Motown

I sometimes get the buzzing in my ears too, its quite common with anxiety sufferers, i have put mine down to been tence in my shoulders and neck, usually a little relaxation helps, a nice soak in the bath or even a massage.:)

There are a quite few posts on the forum about this so your not alone hun, scroll down to the bottom of this page and you will find them.

Hope that helps
:hugs: :hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

mirry
02-09-07, 09:59
its usually caused by exposure to loud noises or past infections.

I get it at night and its horrible, had it 4 years now same time as the anxiety really. A study is oz recons inners ear disorders cause anxiety disorders, I think i believe them.

Mrmagoo
11-09-07, 08:23
buzzing hissing wotever it is it just wont leave me alone ive had this now for months and my gp is no help at all will this ever go away ur is this the start of old age im 42 and going thru the menapause gp reckons it could be one of th symptoms if so its driving me insane anyone else suffer with this and if so is there anythink i can take for it

NOPE not menopause or I had menopause at 30.There is a medical name for it and can't really at the moment think of it.

Now thats menopause or old age when you can't remember lol.Ill think of it here momentarily .But I had this at about 30.First of all I thought it was high blood pressure.

I bought one of those testers and would check my blood pressure every minute of the day.It wasn't high. I told my doctor about it and he said it was what is called "tinnitus".

Really doctors aren't quite sure what causes it.Maybe a blow to the head.Maybe the inner parts of your sinus cavities wearing away .Maybe you have always had it and the build up of wax fell out lol..Or maybe its ear wax.

Have you been to an ent? They are usually good at telling you what they think it might be or cleaning your ears out or have an audiologist tell you that your hearing might be going or improving.There are a million and one things
that can cause it.

Doctors explination: Just have to live with it. Happens. Ok...where does that leave you other than having a nervous breakdown.It takes awhile but you will get used to it.It took me about six months and finally the brain accepts it and you stop hearing it ..all the time..

It gets worse sometimes ,it disppears and then it comes back at the weirdess moment.The great thing its not fatal but annoying.I have a friend that can hear power lines humming five miles away and the closer he gets the worse it gets.

Personally I think its a conspiracy theory.Just kidding.It could be though.There are what they call now ent pulses.The miliary bases are putting out these pulses like transmissions and some people can hear them.Only some people.

Its like a dog hearing sounds that humans cant and it hurting thier ears.You might just be one of those with super hearing that can hear them.But then again its known cause is hearing the inner workings of the inside of your head.

A common cause is the eusthopian tubes not opening and closing correctly thus leaving a chamber closed where you can hear what you don't normally hear in your body .Other causes like I mentioned above is ear wax,hearing damage, and bones wearing away or most anything.

There is light at the end of the tunnel.As time goes on you won't notice it near as much.Its like something that you brain tunes out.You know..kind of like your kids yelling and running around ,or your dogs barking their heads off all night or the sound of bombers flying over your house ever few minutes rattling your teeth ..You know the simple things that are everyday lol..

Don't worry though..I know at the moment you feel that you will go mad but it can change in a moment and be gone.Hopefully for you it will ,for most of us we have learned as the doctor said "to live with it" take care .Its all good

tamo
11-09-07, 09:39
Hi . Sorry to read that you are having noises in your ears. I have had this since i was about 43 (now 50)and at first it was very upsetting.I have moderate deafness though and the noises i have are tinitis which range from hissing to droaning and often change frequency.I was told by audiologist that the only way to deal with this is through familiarization , meaning you just accept at and ignore it.This did work for me although it took time.I notice that when i am very anxious my hearing becomes worse,like a fullness in the ears.I just try to ignore it.As time goes by you will not know it's there unless you think about it.Hope this makes some sense.

A day at a time.....