PDA

View Full Version : How to overcome blood test results fear?

Howanxious
17-08-18, 23:02
Hi there! I'm a little anxious over this... I've always have had anxiety over medical tests and thing like that, but the only one that didn't made me anxious were the blood tests. In the past year, my fear also arrived to these tests, so any time I have to pass through some blood test my anxiety drives me crazy with thoughts that say that it will come back terrible with diabetes, kidney failure or anything :wacko:
I'm 21, male, mostly healthy, fit and I don't have any chronic disease or condition (also don't smoke and not even drink alcohol or something else). My blood tests are regularly in the normal values, but the past week I had some blood took off to have an anual check up (blood sugar, liver and kidney function, CBC, thyroid function and so on). Now I'm awaiting for the results with lots of fears and high anxiety that's hard to control...
My fear about diabetes it's based on the background of my mother's family. She has insuline resistance and his father (my grandfather) had diabetes. My other grandfather died of kidney disease at it's 70's because they discovered it too late.
I know that my posibilities are really low, because I'm young, fit and I have a relatively healthy lifestyle, but knowing that some conditions can appear out of nowhere terrifies me :weep:
Any advice?

Serenitystars
19-08-18, 20:07
I can imagine how scary it can be, but there really isn’t a way over it.
If you have the condition you have it, if you don’t then you don’t.
Whenever I have to wait for test results I just try keep my mind off it (playing games, chatting).
Sometimes my HA gets so bad that I can’t even sleep at night for a few days XD
Hope everything goes well for you :D
I’m also 20 too btw but female