PDA

View Full Version : BIG weekend ahead, really panicking.

belle
16-08-07, 00:04
A looooooooooong time ago i agreed to work the bar of a couple i know (regulars at the pub i work in) who are having a wedding blessing on Saturday. I said yes to do it when i was doing better mentally, since then i have slipped right back into bad place and i am quite frankly crapping myself. Actually, no, not crapping myself, simply freaking out with anxiety and "WHAT IF'S"...

There is going to be somewhere in the region of 200 - 300 guests. LOTS OF PEOPLE.......:ohmy: I am worried about SO many things. Like what if my car is blocked in and i need to escape. What if i panic, What if i just simple cannot cope with the pressure of being happy for 12 hours????

Then, what is even worse, i have got to work on Sunday morning, in the pub, which is already FULLY BOOKED!

PLEASE, PLEASE, someone make me feel better...

Many thanks..

x

Annabelle
16-08-07, 09:01
hi bluebell

i don't know what i can say that will make you feel better but just that you have the strength inside you to see this through. we all have it. instead of answering every what if with an 'im going to panic' try and think of a rational soloution. so if your car gets blocked in you take a few deep breaths and you find the person who's car it is and ask them to move it.
instead of there are lots of guests what if i panic answer it with - i will take a break if i feel anxious step outside get some fresh air and i'll feel much better.
try breaking the day down into little bits - congratualte yourself for getting through an hour and challenge yourself to do another one, dont look at the whole picture just a little bit at a time.
you will get through it and the relief afterwards will be worth all your hard work!!

good luck and fingers crossed for you

love anna xoxox

trac67
16-08-07, 09:04
Hi,

Just try to remember its always the 'what if's' that make us anxious, and once the event actually takes place the 'what if's' never actually happen and we wonder why we were so worried about them.

Once you are working you will be so busy you wont have time to think of being anxious and the time will fly past.

Good luck and let us know how it goes and I am sure you will be writing it in the success forum :yesyes:

Love

Trac xxx

honeybee3939
16-08-07, 14:04
Hi Bluebell

Like Trace says im sure you will be that busy you wont have time to feel anxious. Think of it as a step in the right direction, another challenge which im sure you will have no problems dealing with !!:yesyes: You will be fine hun!

lets us know how things go:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

Tabby
16-08-07, 14:21
Think of the times you've done this before and have been fine. You've been perfectly safe and nothing bad has happened.

If so many people a going to be there, you're going to be very busy, so once you get into it, you won't even have time to think.

Don't give in to it - you can do this!

I'll be thinking of you.
:flowers:

cox1981
17-08-07, 12:34
All the best of luck with it. If you manage to get through it well then be sure to post. I think that it is very important to write down things that you have achieved so that you can give yourself a pat on the back for them.

Be sure make sure that you get plenty of breaks when you do work. I know that if I was in your scenario I would take on too much and not take breaks whilst others were and then get frustrated.

I hope my advice helps - I am new to this forum.