PDA

View Full Version : The good old "Heart" Health Anxiety... Anyone else been here before?

TheChangingMan
19-08-18, 17:03
Good afternoon from the UK!

I always find myself back here on NMP, an amazing website and useful and resourceful!

But... Yeah.. I'm back.

As usual.... The good old "Heart" anxiety is flowing....

The usual symptoms... Central chest pain behind breast bone... Jaw pain... Squeezing In left arm... Pain radiating to back...

I don't know how many times I've been here before...

I've had Numerous ECGs. A Heart Calcium Check Score....

My heart is apparently in good nick....

Yet it still plague's me that something is wrong...

Yep.. I'm a smoker. My cholesterol is rediculous, but just can't tolerate statins. Type 2 Diabetic. Overweight. Diet is appalling.

All my problems above.... The one they say is causing this chest and arm discomfort... Is GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder)

Suffered from GAD for 10 Years now.... Usually life a comfortably decent life. Apart from my exersize attempts LOL

So... Am I looking for re-assurance yet again?... Maybe...

But what I would like to know is from anyone who has been in my shoes... And how they dealt with the situation.... Because I'm getting a little bit fed up :)

It's took me years to gain control... Now I feel I'm losing it.

Thanks Guys

D x

Fishmanpa
19-08-18, 17:10
something is wrong...

Yep.. I'm a smoker. My cholesterol is rediculous, but just can't tolerate statins. Type 2 Diabetic. Overweight. Diet is appalling.

I agree, something is wrong but it's not your heart. Right now, from what you said, your heart is Ok. Continue to do the above and eventually, you will suffer the consequences. The things above can be controlled and even eradicated with a good diet and exercise. The ball is in your court :shrug:

Positive thoughts

TheChangingMan
19-08-18, 18:11
I agree, something is wrong but it's not your heart. Right now, from what you said, your heart is Ok. Continue to do the above and eventually, you will suffer the consequences. The things above can be controlled and even eradicated with a good diet and exercise. The ball is in your court :shrug:

Positive thoughts

An absolute gentleman. You always take the time to reply to me fishmanpa. I agree... It's about time I took control of the "habits" and generate the "health". Thank you for your reply I am, as always extremely grateful.