PDA

View Full Version : I don’t know what to do anymore...the anxiety is so bad.

anxious_thoughts
19-08-18, 18:33
Hi everyone,

I’ve been under such horrible anxiety the last year. My 10 year relationship ended and put me under extreme stress which caused me to have this non stop bleeding between my periods. It started last year and after 6 months it stopped.

Now it has been two and a half months and the bleeding is back. It just drives me insane, and it’s making my anxiety so bad. Worries that I’m losing too much blood, and I will pass out or die.

I’ve done so many tests and there doesn’t seem to be a real answer. I’ve never been in this situation before and it’s just making me feel so depressed that they can’t foghre out the problem.

I’ve been on birth control for two weeks now as well as iron pills. My doctor wanted me to take the birth control to help with the irregular bleeding. During the first week the bleeding almost stopped but it’s been back the last couple of days. Not so heavy but just seeing it there makes me extremely stressed and anxious.

I just feel like there’s this black cloud over me and it won’t go away. I was getting quite panicky earlier today but being able to write this out is making me calm down a bit. I’m juet so fed up with everything and I start school on August 27th. I just want this problem fixed before school :weep:

---------- Post added at 13:33 ---------- Previous post was at 13:28 ----------

I just need some words of motivation and encouragement :( I really feel like I’m hitting rock bottom

nomorepanic
19-08-18, 18:36
did you read my reply on your other thread?

anxious_thoughts
19-08-18, 18:54
did you read my reply on your other thread?

I did but my doctor doesn’t recommend the IUD

Apparently according to a friend birth control doesn’t help irregular periods until the 3 month mark.
I just hate that when I first started taking it the bleeding stopped instantly. Then I got a little stressed and here it is again :(

nomorepanic
19-08-18, 21:12
Do you know why they don't recommend it?

ErinKC
20-08-18, 02:56
Have they checked for fibroids? That's one thing I know can cause extra bleeding. I have a bunch and they had to do a transvaginal ultrasound to find them.

anxious_thoughts
20-08-18, 05:06
Do you know why they don't recommend it?

Because of my anxiety, my body is very over sensitive with hormones. At least with birth control if I don’t like it I can stop taking it at any time. Luckily. The one she put me on doesn’t give me much side effects. Blood seems to be slowing down tonight!

---------- Post added at 00:06 ---------- Previous post was at 00:06 ----------

Have they checked for fibroids? That's one thing I know can cause extra bleeding. I have a bunch and they had to do a transvaginal ultrasound to find them.

I’ve had two transvaginal ultrasounds done but everything is clear :weep:

Scaredtoo
20-08-18, 05:22
I had this problem also. Super stressful. Have they done a D&C? That seemed to help me. I had an endometrial biopsy because the doctor said my lining was thick but they saw that on transvaginal US.

The stress will make it worse. I made a daily pact to myself that I would only spend 15 minutes a day worrying about it. I also used a calm app for my iPhone and would meditate when I was rock bottom. I’m going thru a rough patch now also. I know how alone and lonely it feels. Take it one day at a time. I’m sure you’re fine. A lot of times they don’t know what causes it. I hope you feel better emotionally and physically.

anxious_thoughts
21-08-18, 17:36
I had this problem also. Super stressful. Have they done a D&C? That seemed to help me. I had an endometrial biopsy because the doctor said my lining was thick but they saw that on transvaginal US.

The stress will make it worse. I made a daily pact to myself that I would only spend 15 minutes a day worrying about it. I also used a calm app for my iPhone and would meditate when I was rock bottom. I’m going thru a rough patch now also. I know how alone and lonely it feels. Take it one day at a time. I’m sure you’re fine. A lot of times they don’t know what causes it. I hope you feel better emotionally and physically.

Hello, thanks so much for the response xx
I haven’t had a D&C done, is that very painful?
What was your result for the endometrial biopsy? My uterus lining is thick also but they never recommended doing that for me. My doctor thinks the birth control will just help it all. She says my lining is thick because I haven’t had a normal period in months, which shocks me and makes me wonder then where is the bleeding coming from?! You would think that my uterus lining would be so thin because I’ve been bleeding for so long. I have to go do another transvaginal ultrasound at the beginning of next month to see if the birth control is helping my lining.
Were you also bleeding for months? Mine really seems stress induced. But once it starts it’s so hard to stop it. The last time I had this I had to take Provera which actually helped with the bleeding. The only thing is I hate that after taking the pills for two weeks you get this really really heavy period. I had to stay home for a week because it felt like whenever I moved I had to change my pad, there was so much blood!
I’d hope that by now the bleeding would have stopped on the birth control. It always seems heavier in the morning which drives me crazy and makes the rest of my day filled with anxiety.
I’m going to check out the Calm App, thanks so much for the advice :) I hope you can make it through your rough patch xx