PDA

View Full Version : Worried about Hep B

ellieAJ97
20-08-18, 00:09
Hello, I'm new here! :yesyes:

Please help me out. I'm extremely worried about Hepatitis B, not sure why, but I am. I need to double check my health records but I'm pretty sure I haven't been vaccinated.

I went to an aerial hoop class today and ended up with a few friction blisters on my hands. There were three other girls in the class who all ended up with the same. When I got home I started freaking out and panicking in case one of them had Hep B and that I could have contracted it through touching the hoop. Obviously I have no idea if anyone was infected but I'm still extremely worried. Any advice?

nomorepanic
20-08-18, 00:12
This is a very low risk thing to catch so why are you worried about it?

ellieAJ97
20-08-18, 00:20
This is a very low risk thing to catch so why are you worried about it?

Can you please explain why it's 'low risk' (sorry, I can't think straight atm!)

And I just started thinking about it and remembered it could be passed on through open sores - cue intense panic!

nomorepanic
20-08-18, 00:21
Google the right sites:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/hepatitis-b/

ellieAJ97
20-08-18, 00:22
Also I asked the same question on Yahoo Answers and all of the people who replied said I was at risk :wacko:

nomorepanic
20-08-18, 00:26
so they are professional doctors then?

Fishmanpa
20-08-18, 00:29
Also I asked the same question on Yahoo Answers and all of the people who replied said I was at risk :wacko:

So you'll believe trolls as opposed to facts? :huh:

Positive thoughts

ellieAJ97
so they are professional doctors then?

Probably not :wacko:

AMomentofClarity
If diseases like hepatitis were that easy to catch, everybody would have them. The only way you’re getting it from an open wound is if you have a deep cut and you let someone with it practically pour their blood into your wound....and even then you probably won’t get it.

nomorepanic
20-08-18, 00:31
I think we have answered your question to be honest.

ONLY google reputable sites not yahoo

ellieAJ97
20-08-18, 00:33
So you'll believe trolls as opposed to facts? :huh:

Positive thoughts

Yeah, someone posted "that's exactly the type of situation Hep B can be spread in" and I just started freaking out :doh: I hate YA! but for some reason I can't stay away from it when I'm having a panic

nomorepanic
20-08-18, 00:34
Read what I said

ellieAJ97
20-08-18, 00:37
If diseases like hepatitis were that easy to catch, everybody would have them. The only way you’re getting it from an open wound is if you have a deep cut and you let someone with it practically pour their blood into your wound....and even then you probably won’t get it.

I don't have deep cuts, the top layer of skin has been rubbed off (think 'friction blister' is the right word for it) so that doesn't class as an 'open wound' then?

nomorepanic
20-08-18, 00:38
ok well just ignore me then thanks!

I am out of this post.

ellieAJ97
20-08-18, 00:38
Read what I said

I know, I'm definitely going to stay away from YA in future