PDA

View Full Version : Itchy right armpit: tell me I'm being a fanny will you?

ahrimoniac
20-08-18, 04:50
Hey!

Long time reader, first time caller. Well no, not true, I posted back in 2013 with the grave news that I had Parkinsons and MS. Good news is, I've totally beaten them. I'm a modern miracle. But I have got my health anxiety under control :) also lost ten stone. Yey.

Until now. I'm going away on a big holiday for six weeks and I think my body is rebelling by giving me stuff to worry about. I can cope with the tight chest and sleepless nights, but not this new thing.

I have a rash in my armpit. It's itchy but not sore. It started off about the size of a five pence but has slowly got bigger, now it's about the size of a ten pence. It's red and itchy but not painful. I've had it about six week.

RATIONAL MIND. Could be allergic reaction. Could be an itch that I've scratched too much and now it's always itchy because it's warm and moist and i put deodorant on there. If it was cancer I'd have other symptoms. I don't have pain. I do have a stiff neck and tiredness and skipped heartbeats but that's because I'm anxious.

IRRATIONAL MIND. Lymphoma. Has to be. Hadn't even thought about it until I googled to try and find a new deodorant that was gentle and up it bloody popped. Why else would it only be in one armpit?

Dilemma is this. I don't want to go to docs in case he's worried and then I have to cancel holiday. But then, I'm very good at taking on board their comments and if he says it's nowt then I won't be worried. What would you do?

Scaredtoo
20-08-18, 05:28
How is this any way related to lymphoma? What site told you an itchy armpit was that?You’d be having a host of other symptoms. It’s more than likely allergic dermatitis or possibly a yeast infection as that area always stays moist.

ahrimoniac
20-08-18, 05:33
It came up as a suggestion when I googled itchy armpit with a picture of a very similar itch

Scaredtoo
20-08-18, 05:35
I hate the internet. It’s prob just atopic dermatitis. Try putting a cortisone cream on it for a few days and see if it gets better.

ahrimoniac
20-08-18, 05:45
To be fair, I hate it too! I try to avoid medical stuff, have gone years without a wobble, then boom!

Thank you :)

Scaredtoo
20-08-18, 05:47
That’s usually how it goes. Would love to go years without an episode. You’ll be fine I’m sure. :)

Scass
20-08-18, 06:48
Show a pharmacist, they could suggest a cream for you.

Well done on your weight loss! Enjoy your holiday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nervousmommy
21-08-18, 19:20
Lymphoma causes itching in your legs or all over your body and it’s unrelenting. I know because I’ve googled the heck out of it.

Andrash
21-08-18, 20:57
Sounds like eczema. Armpits are a very common place for that thing. Apply some steroid cream and it will go away in a couple of days.

Catherine S
21-08-18, 22:41
I had an itchy left side armpit for most of last week, drove me mad. I do have sensitive skin that I'm always looking for lotions & potions to ease the itching wherever it happens, but never had the intense underarm itching before....and why only one armpit? Anyhow It seems to have righted itself this week, which alot of these things do if we don't worry the hell out of them :D

Cath S x