PDA

View Full Version : shivers

countrygirl
20-08-18, 10:23
that feeling up your spine that we call " someone walking over your grave".

I have been worrying badly over a health problem past week and a few days ago developed the sudden shiver up top of spine feeling. I do not have a temperature its totally normal and of course I have been obsessively taking it just in case. My health anxiety mind has now connected this shiver with what I am worrying about and believe it or not have been worrying I am about to get sepsis. Only someone with health anxiety would understand this!
I do remember having this in the past and may also be connected to the change of weather we have here as its been hot for so long and past few weeks its gone wet and about 10 d cooler and high humidity.

I know that high anxiety can cause shivers and chills in absense of fever . In the past it has lasted a week or so then gone away. I also get this when watching tv if something is scary or upsetting or if reading a book that has you on edge of your seat but thats one off and I know what it is caused by.
I am wondering if anyone else gets this, its a very specific split second shiver at top of back mostly when I move.