PDA

View Full Version : Guilt and drugs

curiouspanda
21-08-18, 19:31
Hi

I'm 25 years old and 4 years ago I start taking drugs. Not the hard drugs, well, actually some, but not your crack and heroin. I mostly smoked recreationally cannabis. I loved it, couldn't get enough of the stuff, but as my mental health deteriorated and I felt myself getting more and more isolated I decided to kick the habit. In my University years I also took MDMA, LSD and mushrooms.

My problem that I came here today is with guilt. I often have lots of self-loathing thoughts about ruining my brain or perhaps ruining my potential. Any cognitive short fall I put down to taking drugs and blame myself for (I'll say it again) ruining my potential. I just wanted to know if anybody else feels this way and how they have overcome it with time.

Thanks

venusbluejeans
21-08-18, 19:39
Hiya curiouspanda and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

WiseMonkey
21-08-18, 20:16
Hi

I'm 25 years old and 4 years ago I start taking drugs. Not the hard drugs, well, actually some, but not your crack and heroin. I mostly smoked recreationally cannabis. I loved it, couldn't get enough of the stuff, but as my mental health deteriorated and I felt myself getting more and more isolated I decided to kick the habit. In my University years I also took MDMA, LSD and mushrooms.

My problem that I came here today is with guilt. I often have lots of self-loathing thoughts about ruining my brain or perhaps ruining my potential. Any cognitive short fall I put down to taking drugs and blame myself for (I'll say it again) ruining my potential. I just wanted to know if anybody else feels this way and how they have overcome it with time.

Thanks

Hi, My brother was a cannabis smoking, surfie in his younger days, that's what the guys did. This would have been in his late teen-early twenties. However, he only smoked it for a few years.

He didn't use sunscreen either (they didn't back then) and has had some issues with pre-melanoma.

My brother is 52 now and his brain is fine :)