PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I joined 3 years ago!

pepsi666
21-08-18, 21:23
Hi all, I figured after 3 years I should introduce myself!

I’ve suffered with hypochondria/health anxiety for as long as I can remember, which stems from my childhood but now that I’ve hit 40, it’s gone into overdrive. Always believing that everything is cancer including at present, throat cancer. I have this feeling that something is stuck in my throat/tightness and I’m a little phlegmy (sorry!) which has been this way for a couple of months. I’m hoping it’s just anxiety but have an ENT appointment in September.

Unfortunately my partner was actually diagnosed with cancer in feb this year, has gone through chemo & radiotherapy treatment, had his operation and at present, is part way through 6 moths of mop up chemo. To say this year has been the worst ever is an absolute understatement!

So, considering he has a genuine illness, iv shut up. Not complained once. My family have told me I need to focus on him which of course I’m doing and doing very well, but inside I feel like I’m about to crack.

I’ll leave it there for now and if you got this far, thank you so much for reading and I’m looking forward to actually spending more time here and hopefully get to know some of you :)

venusbluejeans
21-08-18, 21:30
Hiya pepsi666 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

pepsi666
21-08-18, 21:33
Thanks venusbluejeans for the lovely warm welcome :)

I’ll have a proper look around now and start with the articles, looking forward to getting a feel for the forum :yesyes: