PDA

View Full Version : I’m new and struggling with Prozac withdrawall

Emmaledwards
22-08-18, 09:27
Firstly sorry but this may be a lengthy one. I’ve been googling and researching other people’s experiences but thought I’d share mine in hope some one can help me a little.
I’ve been on Prozac for two years. I went on Prozac after splitting with my long term partner (my choice) but still hard as we have a small child. I not long after starting dating an old friend who to this date tests my insanity on a daily basis. At first and for months after I thought that the Prozac would stop my feelings of anxiety which are 80% around this person. I would take it and feel ‘fine’ for a few weeks until something else happened.
I think I’m scared that taking Prozac just makes me feel a bit of a push over, I know deep down this isn’t just Prozac but I’m scared of feeling like utter rubbish so I just continue like everything is fine.
A couple of months ago I decided I can’t continue with this mind set, these feelings that I get on a daily basis, knowing that the old me would not put up with not being treated the way I deserve. So I decided to taper.
I’ve been drug free for about 3 weeks and it’s hard... I can already think more clearly and rationalise previous experiences already. But I just feel so low, like I could just sit here all day and cry so much so I’ve considered going back on Prozac. But I don’t want to, I want to function as me without it. I guess I’m hoping that I can be strong enough to get rid of any negative people or negativity once I get through it.
The odd thing is, I thought Prozac would help me do this but it hasn’t. It’s just numbed my feelings.
Do you think the feeling of being so sad will pass? Anyone else experienced anything similar?

Thank you so much in advance xx

venusbluejeans
22-08-18, 09:37
Hiya Emmaledwards and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: