PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety about my child

louise0501
22-08-18, 12:00
Hi there. I have a 5 year old son and he has a development delay so he is starting school this September which is a year later than he should've. This year we went to see a piedatrician and advised us to have a genetic blood test on my son and what came back was that he has a deletion on one chromosome 2 which includes a gene nphp1 and part of the MALL gene. It all sounds confusing to me. Has anyone heard of anything like this? The main worry for me is this can affect kidney function so I googled it all and it can result in a condition called nephronoisis which is scarring of the kidneys and will result in kidney failure. I'm so worried about him. He will be having an ultrasound on his kidneys and the doctor said it's unlikely but I'm just so worried. Me and partner also have to have genetic tests to find out if there's any links. Anyone heard of anything like this? It's so scary.

Sorry for long post

Love Louise xxxxxxxxx

Andrash
22-08-18, 12:26
Hi there. I have a 5 year old son and he has a development delay so he is starting school this September which is a year later than he should've. This year we went to see a piedatrician and advised us to have a genetic blood test on my son and what came back was that he has a deletion on one chromosome 2 which includes a gene nphp1 and part of the MALL gene. It all sounds confusing to me. Has anyone heard of anything like this? The main worry for me is this can affect kidney function so I googled it all and it can result in a condition called nephronoisis which is scarring of the kidneys and will result in kidney failure. I'm so worried about him. He will be having an ultrasound on his kidneys and the doctor said it's unlikely but I'm just so worried. Me and partner also have to have genetic tests to find out if there's any links. Anyone heard of anything like this? It's so scary.

Sorry for long post
Love Louise xxxxxxxxx

Cling to this. Repeat it to yourself as much times as you need. Of course we are not doctors, but there is every chance in the world the little one will be fine and live a healthy, beautiful and prosperous life, no matter what Google says. Steer clear from it and be strong for your child - I think that is the best advice that can be given. Good luck with the school :)

Katie55
22-08-18, 20:59
Louise you sound like a lovely mummy. If the Dr says the kidney problem is unlikely, then it is. Positive thoughts to you and your little boy x