PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound like a kidney stone?

anxious_thoughts
22-08-18, 15:52
Hi everyone,

So since Saturday I’ve been getting this very sharp and sometimes intense pain in my lower abdomen. I can feel it coming on and it radiates down my pelvic and gets worse as it happens. It only lasts about 5 seconds and it’s very on and off. As in, it doesn’t happen constantly. It happens every few hours. It can be very painful and I feel like I want to scream sometimes when it happens.

I thought it might be gas as I feel slightly bloated as well. I started a new birth control pill Lo Loestrin Fe a bit over two weeks ago and yesterday I was at my doctors just doing an early follow up and I mentioned the pain but didn’t go into too much detail (stupid me!) and she told me it’s probably the birth control as it’s in the area of my ovaries. I have to do another ultrasound next week for an issue I’m having so I’m sure if something was wrong they’d be able to see it on there.

Anyways, I’m really trying to stay calm about it. Does it sound like a possible kidney stone? I have slight lower back pain as well this morning but it feels more like I didn’t sleep properly. Could birth control cause such intense pain? It sometimes takes my breath away.

Fishmanpa
22-08-18, 16:07
Does it sound like a possible kidney stone?

Does a dog meow? :winks:

Positive thoughts

anxious_thoughts
22-08-18, 19:18
Does a dog meow? :winks:

Positive thoughts

:doh: you’re a funny one!

Fishmanpa
22-08-18, 19:42
I had a kidney stone once. The pain was so bad, I was literally curled up in a ball on my bed. When that sucker passed, I believe they heard me scream the next county over!

Positive thoughts

MRS STRESS ED
22-08-18, 19:52
hi jennclark

tbh none of us will be able to answer that question, but what l will say if you have a pain that is taking your breath away get back to your doctors and tell them needs investigating

best wishes xx