PDA

View Full Version : worried about drinking too much water (please help! can’t sleep)

heylumos
22-08-18, 16:34
I noticed that my urine was quite yellow, and I hadn’t been peeing much, so I realised I was probably dehydrated. To try to fix it I drank 800mL or so in an hour (maybe even a litre), but now my stomach feels uncomfortably full and my pee is completely clear! I’m very worried about water intoxication / salt levels being too low, since I’ve barely eaten anything today.

I know I’m totally overreacting, but I’m so anxious I can’t sleep! If you’ve done this before (drank a large amount of water at once, especially if it was after not eating!) and not died, please tell me. I know it’s silly, but it helps me talk myself down and I really want to sleep. Thank you!

Fishmanpa
22-08-18, 16:39
I know I’m totally overreacting....I know it’s silly

You are and it is :blush:

Positive thoughts

hazelbritt
22-08-18, 23:46
You have to drink about that much water in the hour before you go in for an ultrasound when you're pregnant. Makes you need to pee like crazy, especially when there is a baby sitting on your bladder (!!) but nope, never died.

MagpieWitch
23-08-18, 00:09
You need to drink 2l of water in under a hour to cause serious harm. I spent 3 months in fear of drinking too much water.
When you get tested for your kidney function, you need to drink 1l. The kidneys filter 1l per hour. So anything under 1l is completely safe. You will just pee a lot.

lofwyr
23-08-18, 00:15
You have to drink a LOT more water than that before any form of toxicity is even close to occuring. I mean, it is a ridiculous amount of water. I drink as much as you mentioned every morning at the start of my day. Toxicity begins to be a concern if you drink 2.5 to 6 GALLONS (10 to 20 liters) of water in less than a three hour period. It is most often a problem with soldiers or prisoners and enforced hydration. It is almost impossible to willfully drink too much water.

swajj
23-08-18, 11:49
I drink litres of water. I asked my urologist how much was too much and he told me it wasn’t even worth thinking about.

Kingdawson
23-08-18, 18:44
You need to drink 2l of water in under a hour to cause serious harm. I spent 3 months in fear of drinking too much water.
When you get tested for your kidney function, you need to drink 1l. The kidneys filter 1l per hour. So anything under 1l is completely safe. You will just pee a lot.

2l of water in under an hour? Where exactly did you get that from? It's false btw.