PDA

View Full Version : New worry about my Mum. Blood results.

panicBill
16-08-18, 23:30
So, a few weeks ago my Mum was told she may have diabetes (We are still unsure). She had a scan for another thing (unrelated) and everything was fine, however she was told her Spleen was larger than normal.
However today the doctor called her back for more blood tests.

I am terrified. Has anyone else ever had any of these?

MRS STRESS ED
17-08-18, 13:57
So, a few weeks ago my Mum was told she may have diabetes (We are still unsure). She had a scan for another thing (unrelated) and everything was fine, however she was told her Spleen was larger than normal.
However today the doctor called her back for more blood tests.

I am terrified. Has anyone else ever had any of these?

oh sorry to hear your mum's not to well,your spleen can get enlarged because of an infection try not to overthink also you can live without you're spleen my brother had his taken out years ago wishing you both well xx

Midnight-mouse
18-08-18, 00:52
My mum (and her entire family) are diabetic. I understand it can be a little bit of a shock but it’s not scary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

panicBill
18-08-18, 04:23
My mum (and her entire family) are diabetic. I understand it can be a little bit of a shock but it’s not scary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did any of your family members lose a LOT of weight? Did they get tired easily?
Also, are you aware of them having a swollen spleen?

Roseessa
18-08-18, 18:05
My dad is diabetic and honestly so long as they have their pills and keep a good diet then its fine and nothing to be scared of at all.
Also Spleens aren't that important in terms of if there is something wrong with it they can just take it out,

panicBill
18-08-18, 18:48
My dad is diabetic and honestly so long as they have their pills and keep a good diet then its fine and nothing to be scared of at all.
Also Spleens aren't that important in terms of if there is something wrong with it they can just take it out,

I hope your dad is well. What worries me is she has had blood tests and want more, all this on top of her having a scan and discovering a swollen spleen.

ankietyjoe
18-08-18, 20:08
A low carbohydrate diet is now a proven cure for type 2 diabetes (the most common type) and given the commitment of the patient it's completely reversible. It's so effective it's now being trialled by the NHS as a replacement for medication.

panicBill
22-08-18, 17:29
Hey gang. Hope you are well.

So, my Mum has been losing a LOT of weight lately. I mean a LOT. She went for blood tests and a scan (unrelated to the blood tests)...However the scan was clear (she thought she had gallstones) however they noticed she had a swollen spleen.

So, she had the CT scan on her chest and neck and waiting for results.

Here is what is scaring me. She had her blood tests back and she was told her red blood cells were lower than what they should be, and she is anaemic.
Now, a swollen spleen along with low red blood cells and anaemia, with her losing a lot of weight and being confused and very tired a lot, I am terrified. Its obvious sighs of Leukaemia or bone cancer.

Worried is not the word.

nomorepanic
22-08-18, 18:57
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

panicBill
28-08-18, 16:20
Just an update. She is still thin, but she is much like her old self now. I keep thinking about what the doctor said "Her red low blood cell count is low, and her spleen is swollen, but her other organs are fine and her white blood cells are fine"
She has more blood tests on Friday, and I hope we get good news.