PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have tips on how to get over anxiety when having to leave the house?

anxious_thoughts
22-08-18, 19:23
Hi everyone!

These last couple months have been so difficult for me, I’m starting school again next week and I’m hoping it will help me get my mind off my health anxiety.

I’ve been battling with some female issues, with prolonged bleeding between periods for over two months now (which I’m in the process of getting treatment). I find whenever I know I have to leave the house it makes my anxiety and bleeding worse. I start to get the nerves in my stomach and I gag or I feel this adrenaline rush of anxiety out of nowhere.

I tend to sometimes stay home, but when I do go out I realize “hey, the anxiety isn’t so bad”. I just have this fear of something totally bad happening to me when I’m out. Like because of the bleeding, I’m worry I’m losing too much blood and I’ll faint or die when I’m out.

What are some self help tips you guys use that have worked for you?

anxious_thoughts
23-08-18, 04:48
Anyone?

Scass
23-08-18, 14:25
Hello! Sorry I didn’t reply sooner but I’ve only just been able to get back into Tapatalk since the site went down.

Anyway, at the peak of my anxiety when I was terrified of travelling to work, going to the supermarket or out with friends, because I was scared I’d faint or throw up or have a panic attack. I used to keep a little anxiety toolkit of things that helped me to relax. So because of my fear of being sick I had mints to suck, a sick bag, sometimes even pepto Bismol! I also had Bach’s rescue remedy, my headphones with a relaxing playlist & a progressive muscle relaxation exercise. I used to research where to park, and check where the exits were too. These things helped my particular anxiety.

Just the thought that I had these things helped me, I very rarely used anything except the mints! I find sucking mints hugely helpful.

Eventually I started to remove things from my bag as I got better.

I would greatly recommend learning how to control your breathing as once you get anxious this can really bring you back down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anxious_thoughts
23-08-18, 23:26
Hello! Sorry I didn’t reply sooner but I’ve only just been able to get back into Tapatalk since the site went down.

Anyway, at the peak of my anxiety when I was terrified of travelling to work, going to the supermarket or out with friends, because I was scared I’d faint or throw up or have a panic attack. I used to keep a little anxiety toolkit of things that helped me to relax. So because of my fear of being sick I had mints to suck, a sick bag, sometimes even pepto Bismol! I also had Bach’s rescue remedy, my headphones with a relaxing playlist & a progressive muscle relaxation exercise. I used to research where to park, and check where the exits were too. These things helped my particular anxiety.

Just the thought that I had these things helped me, I very rarely used anything except the mints! I find sucking mints hugely helpful.

Eventually I started to remove things from my bag as I got better.

I would greatly recommend learning how to control your breathing as once you get anxious this can really bring you back down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much Scass! I appreciate that so much :)
Actually, I do the mint thing and finds it really really works! That’s great that you were able to find so many things to make your anxiety better. I guess I need to start finding some things that I can connect to relaxation to help when I’m feeling anxious.