PDA

View Full Version : Child has had lymph-node swollen for near two months

Deepseathree
23-08-18, 05:41
I don’t know the exact time frame but my child has had a lymphnode on the back of her head swollen for about two months I’d say. It came about after a tick bite that was right in the same region. The tick had been on her less than 24hrs. The bump hurt her at first and then she didn’t complain. I can’t remeber if she pointed it out or of me or the wife found it as we regularly checked her for ticks(she had a tickborne Illness around 2 years old) l. We took her to the doctor a couple weeks after the lymphnode didn’t go down and they pediatrician said there wasn’t anything to worry about at the time. More weeks pass and the bump was still there. Go back and see a different pediatrician who examines her and says that there isn’t anything to worry about as she is healthy and that the tick bite probably irritated it and that it can be swollen for months from that before really going away. Has anyone had experience with a swollen lymphnode not going down for months? I don’t want to questions the doctors and let me anxiety take over but it’s tough.

MagpieWitch
23-08-18, 05:56
My father is a maxilofacial surgeon and doctor and few years back I was afraid of my swollen lymp node. He explaoned to me that it can take months for them to go back to their normal size and since he is working with them - and patients who most often have them, he would know.
I have this swollen node for few years now and hasn't caused me problems along those years. Your kid will be perfectly fine! :D

Deepseathree
23-08-18, 05:57
Thanks for the response. My anxiety has been fine as of late. But I keep resorting back to negative thinking periodically with this.

lofwyr
23-08-18, 13:55
My son had a half dozen swollen lymph nodes that took 4 years to go back to normal size. He is now 20 years old and healthy as an ox.