PDA

View Full Version : Could tired eyes be a symptom of low iron?

anxious_thoughts
23-08-18, 23:43
Sorry for the TMI!
I’ve been having a prolonged period induced by stress for almost three months now. It’s been quite heavy some days, this week it’s pretty heavy with larger clots.
I started birth control almost a month ago and it still hasn’t helped the bleeding. I’ve also been taking 300mg of iron a day.

I had a blood test done a month ago and my iron was a bit low (73) but I’ve been taking the pills for a month now so I’m hoping it raised it. My eyes just feel so heavy and tired today and yesterday. Could this be because I’m losjng too much blood? I did more blood tests earlier today to check my iron and blood count levels. If my levels are too low they will make me take a pill to slow down the bleeding. I’m literally living in fear :(

spacebunnyx
24-08-18, 08:02
Tiredness is one of those things that can be caused by low iron, but also stress and worry. When I have anxiety, I also feel really tired and it many ways that just fuels the anxiety beast. Do you feel breathless? When I had low iron after being very ill after giving birth my number 1 symptom was I couldn't walk 10 steps without stopping to catch my breath. But that was very severe. Have they figured out why you are bleeding? Xxx