PDA

View Full Version : So much anxiety all day!!

Panda22
24-08-18, 00:39
Today i travelled to a different country where my parents live... But i just can't relax at all.. i have this anxiety wherever i go

The drive to the airport was okay, then waiting at the airport 2 hours i felt anxiety coming on like it was building up. In the plane i felt close to having a panic attack even though i don't fear flying. I didn't let anyone notice tho and the anxiety calmed down a bit as the flight continued. Then at the airport in the different country i felt so out of place, tired and anxious. It's a busy and unfamiliar place and just made me feel so out of it. REALLY uncomfortable. Then we drove 2 hours at night to my parents house i felt so much anxiety. I'm here now but feel like i barely 'survived'

Now i'm here and i dread doing anything really... i just want to relax and not do much. I fear that if i go anywhere the anxiety feelings will come back.

What do i do? I can't live with these anxiety feelings it really sucks :(

Panda22
24-08-18, 14:48
Anyone?

Scass
24-08-18, 17:14
Well you did survive and you did really well. Maybe keep on doing what you were doing - ignoring it. It’s anxiety, and it feeds on the thoughts that you give it.

It’s really hard to ignore, but well worth distracting yourself with something more fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suziewuzie
24-08-18, 18:23
You felt really anxious & you still managed to wait around an airport, get on a plane and fly to another country. That's amazing, give yourself some credit!! And yeah you felt uncomfortable & horrible, but did anything bad happen? No. You still made it there. You did survive.
The more you keep on doing things in spite of that horrible feeling inside, the easier it will become to ignore. I don't think staying inside and giving into the anxiety will make you feel better and I think if you get out and ignore what's happening in your mind you'll at least feel a great sense of achievement.

sarahblonde32
24-08-18, 19:27
Im just travelling today. Im on my way to the airport now! On my own. Off to New York!
You can do this. I can do this.
I too dont really hate or love flying...but have to just get on with it.
Ive got the usual wobbles, taken something to take edge off.
Stay in touch on your trip.
You got this! I just think to myself, its only a few days...i'll be home in a week!

Suziewuzie
24-08-18, 20:31
Wow so many anxiety warriors kicking it in the ass! Have a great trip Sarah & here's hoping you have a super peaceful flight!