PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound like anxiety or something more serious?

Unknown414
24-08-18, 05:21
Hi guys, it’s been a stressful summer for me. After feeling like i beat anxiety for three years. It came back with vengeance.
I moved into my first apartment away from family and didn’t have much to do or think about since it’s summer and no school.
My HA flared back up when i had a tooth pain that i thought was an infection, turned out it wasn’t. After that my anxiety was through the roof.
One day at work i had a short episode of dizziness/lightheadedness probably from the position i had my head in (looking completely down while sitting for too long) as i was doing paperwork.
Later that day after worrying all day about it and still feeling “dizzy” i called the nurse line who told me to go to er which made me feel worse. The doctors there didn’t think it was anything bad and told me to drink fluids. Over a month later I’m still having this dizzy/offbalance/lightheaded feeling everyday. I’ve been two three doctors who said they don’t think it’s anything serious. I had a ct scan which came back good. I seen and ENT who doesn’t see an issue (ear ringing and other sounds in ear) and I’ve seen my neurologist who says she thinks it’s just overthinking but gave me the option of getting an mri which is next week.
This scares me because i have to wait for more results.
The feeling is so scary because it feels very real. However there have been some instances that point to anxiety. Like how i was feeling dizzy when visiting home, and once i had to drive two hours i was fine doing that, once i reached my destination it got worse again. There have been times where i was feeling bad then I’d go out with friends and feel better. Sometimes when I’m cleaning i feel better too! I’m so worried that this will carry into the school year. And it’s so hard to blame anxiety when you try and distract yourself and the feeling is still there! PLEASE HELP
Any advice???
Ive also been tested for lymes (negative my request) and regular blood work that came back fine. I also deal with migraines w aura, floaters, flashes. And other things that came with HA

Emls78
24-08-18, 07:29
It sounds like you’ve had and are having a great deal of tests that are coming back normal which is reassuring. I too suffer from “dizzy” spells. Although the room doesn’t spin, I feel off balance and like my eyes are being pulled to one side. It’s very hard to concentrate on anything while it’s happening. I also get headaches and face pain too which I also had a ct scan for and it came back normal so I tell my self it’s anxiety and it’ll pass, which it does, but not pleasant while it’s happening. I had it yesterday when visiting family, I get very anxious when going out incase it or something else bad happens, strange thing is that as soon as I got in the car to come home it stoped! So I know deep down it’s anxiety but while it’s happening doubts creep in. I hope your mri goes well, try and relax ( easier said than done I know!) 😃