PDA

View Full Version : Lose yourself!

beauty
16-08-07, 12:39
Its nothing major but i wanted to tell people about a moment of 'panic-freedom' i experienced on saturday. I've only been in this phase of panic for a few weeks however it has become quite intense.
Anyway on sat i went out for my 21st birthday with all my friends, the meal in my eyes was horrendous..well thats a slight exageration but i just didnt like it, i didnt feel like i could eat and the more it went on i felt panicky and kept going out with my friend helen while she had a cigarette. The bar we went in was as bad, it wasnt even that busy but i felt really uncomfortable and edgy like i wanted to get out. I felt gutted cos i usually have a great time and i really wanted to enjoy my birthday :mad: Then we went on to the club, by now i just wanted to go home but knew i couldnt cos that would just look rude. So we went in the club which i normally would love and i felt HORRIBLE!! It was really busy and hot, argh! My friends all wanted to dance and we did but i kept having to stop, i just felt weird and out of control. I didnt even drink anything so it wasnt like i was drunk. Anyway i was propper pushing myself to be ok, then i kind of gave up and sat down accepting that the night was ruined. A few minutes later my friend came over and said we should dance and i remember thinking 'well what the heck im going home soon anyway' and we danced and didnt stop till 3am, we all had such a great time and i felt totally normal again like i had lost my worries for a few hours!

Anyway the reason im telling this (probably quite boring) story is because i feel i have learnt something from it, and that is that if you pressure yourself too much thinking 'i will have an amazing night and not feel any panic etc' it can actually make you worse! It was the moment i thought, 'o well im paniking on my birthday night out' and actually accepted it instead of fighting it, that i finally enjoyed myself.
Im not saying that no-one should encourage themselves thinking 'I am fine, i will be ok', all i mean is its good to accept that you probably will panic in certain situations and expect that but remind youself that you will cope with it and get round it, like we always do! :)

Sorry if this didnt make any sense to readers, but i felt the need to share!!:flowers:

honeybee3939
16-08-07, 13:52
Hi Beauty

Its nothing major

Wow nothing major you say:ohmy: , thats brilliant hun, its a massive achievement:yesyes: , so pleased you had a wonderful birthday, and you just proved to yourself that the anxiety isnt going to get the better of you !

You keep up the good work !:yesyes:

Well done !!

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

Tabby
16-08-07, 14:00
It makes a lot of sense. Well done you!! :yesyes: Now you know you can do it, it will be easier next time.

Nibbles
16-08-07, 20:33
:yesyes: Well done Beauty :yesyes:

What a fantastic achievement to not give in and keep going for the sake of others. A great post as well about accepting anxious moments which is such an important step. Another factor might have been that as your body had been panicking for some time it ran out of steam and couldn't sustain it any longer so you began to relax.

Take care,

Mike :)

Pink Princess
16-08-07, 20:47
http://www.wondercliparts.com/congratulations/graphics/congratulation_graphics_2.gif

glad to read your success xxxxxx

love minnie xxxxxxxx

nomorepanic
17-08-07, 19:19
Well done :yesyes:

Yes it is certainly true that if you just accept things they do get better.

trac67
17-08-07, 20:36
WELL DONE !!!!!

you did brilliant, keep up the good work

Love

Trac xxx

groovygranny
18-08-07, 00:00
Beauty, your major success made perfect sense to me!!

Well done!!

PUGLETMUM
18-08-07, 13:07
:yesyes: hey beauty, what a breakthrough in attitude change - please dont underestimate it!!!! you have realised what the power of expectations (too high) can do to your state of mind!!!

well done, keep it up and youll get there :winks: