PDA

View Full Version : Shooting Pains from Throat

Ben1989
24-08-18, 12:52
Hi guys,

Been seeing a new therapist face to face, seems to be going fine.

However over the past week I’ve been getting quite painful shooting pains from my throat and it’s gotten me concerned. I feel something there when I swallow but I’m concerned its either throat cancer or lymphoma.

Quite scared to be honest

Ben1989
26-02-19, 19:43
Been having these shooting pains since this original post. Today got me concerned because I notice my voice has started going funny

Pearly queen
11-03-19, 09:48
I'm wondering if this has resolved. Did you see a doctor about it? I too have had a strange pain in my throat as opposed to a sore throat. The feeling is pain/pressure feeling at the front of my neck but inside. It sometimes feels more noticeable in one side than the other.

Fishmanpa
11-03-19, 14:29
The OP has been posting for two years. There have been dozens of threads and fears. None of which has been anything of real concern. I'm sure this resolved as did the dozens of other symptoms and issues.

Positive thoughts

Ben1989
30-06-19, 08:10
I’m still yet to see the doctor and fight the urge to. I’m reaching out today more so whether I should or not now as it’s progressed into having a sore dry throat for nearly a month now with my voice becoming slightly more hoarse. Further, the shooting pains to my ears have become more frequent. Do you think I should see a doctor?

Midnight-mouse
30-06-19, 08:21
I’m still yet to see the doctor and fight the urge to. I’m reaching out today more so whether I should or not now as it’s progressed into having a sore dry throat for nearly a month now with my voice becoming slightly more hoarse. Further, the shooting pains to my ears have become more frequent. Do you think I should see a doctor?

Sounds like what I get this time of year, allergies have been brutal for me and my other half for some reason, I usually don’t get it so bad! You could try some over the counter antihistamines and see if that helps after a few days?

If not a trip to the GP could help, just because it can be really uncomfortable. It really doesn’t sound to be anything sinister though! Like I said I get this for months on end when I get hit by allergies.

Just as a side note, you don’t need to have a history of suffering with hay fever... my mum didn’t have a single allergy problem until well into her 50s but needs to be on antihistamines each year now.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben1989
30-06-19, 10:05
It’s the shooting pains coupled with the sore throat and voice change. I’ve never had allergies and can’t see them changing when I’m 30.

I’m also a bit anxious as a guy I know has recently been diagnosed with terminal throat cancer and is only 29

Midnight-mouse
30-06-19, 10:28
It’s the shooting pains coupled with the sore throat and voice change. I’ve never had allergies and can’t see them changing when I’m 30.

I’m also a bit anxious as a guy I know has recently been diagnosed with terminal throat cancer and is only 29

Like I said, my mum didn’t have allergies until her 50s.

Given that you’re anxious after someone you know having been diagnosed that way you could very well just be hyper focused, or it’s something really simple like allergies or somethings aggravated your throat.

Ben1989
30-06-19, 10:31
I actually started having the worry and symptoms and pains with my throat and then heard about the news a matter of days ago

Worrywort80
01-07-19, 21:09
I’ve been getting shooting pains in my throat too for the last month. I get them after I swallow food and then they subside. Went to see the GP this morning and was told likely due to a combination of allergies and silent reflux. Am seeing ENT next week to be sure (at my insistence not hers)

Ben1989
17-07-19, 18:10
Been having shooting pains in the same area of my lungs for a few weeks now and my cough becoming more persistent and can’t shake it. Shooting pains not due to activity or even breathing. Constant shooting pains from the same spot

Ben1989
17-07-19, 18:19
Just questioning when to see a doctor as obviously I have a slight worry of lung cancer