PDA

View Full Version : Restarting mirtazapine

Ronstar666
24-08-18, 13:36
I have been off mirtazapine for just over a month and my dr wants me to go back on it. My anxiety has started to get worse again as has my depression and since stopping it I can't sleep feel sick all the time and have head aches daily I just don't know if it's the right thing to start taking it again but i am struggling has anyone had this experience

Maca44
24-08-18, 21:30
l think you have answered your own question ?

You have come off and feel bad so start on it again, is there a reason why you need to stop taking it ?

SmilingAlbert
25-08-18, 11:24
Sorry to hear. Mirt should help you - maybe start at a low dose (15mg) and go up in steps if you need to.

To work as an anti-anxiety med you may need to go to a relatively high dose of 30mg or 45mg, though this may not help sleep - in which case take 15mg at night, and then rest in the AM. But take your doctor's guidance.

Albert

Benjammin69
25-08-18, 15:35
Hi I have stopped and re started mirtazapine 3 times... don’t expect to feel great for a few weeks each time you come off and start up it seems to take longer for the therapeutic effects to take place. Each time I have had to go back on a higher dosage, get back on it and ride the start up storm

Ronstar666
11-09-18, 20:29
l think you have answered your own question ?

You have come off and feel bad so start on it again, is there a reason why you need to stop taking it ?

Yes I came off due to weight gain

Maca44
18-09-18, 10:03
Yes I came off due to weight gain

I totally understand the weight gain issue I had the same problem but you can control it. I put up with it in the early days because I just wanted to feel better it wasn't until a year or so on the med when I just tweaked my diet and got my weight under control. My mental health was more important to me than my weight but I understand that weight gain is a stress in itself.