PDA

View Full Version : Please help. Terrified!

Dayvid
24-08-18, 16:35
So for the past few weeks i've had a dodgy throat. It felt like I was coming down with something but I didn't and then it just felt swollen. It has gotten better but I'm freaking out.

There's a white/transluecnt patch next to my uvula, on the arch infront of my tonisls. Now, about 2 weeks ago I noticed a few white spots on my tonsils... they've cleared but. But now i'm scared of oral thrush.

It seems only young, old and immuno-comprpmised people get oral thrush and I'm only in my 20s! I'm scared now, from googling, I may have HIV... even though i've only had oral sex, and not a lot of it (no other) ....

One other note... i have bas post nasal drip recently too - when I checked to see the spot it was (TMI IM SORRY!) green mucus at the back of my throat... Could this cause it? The patch isn't white and thick.. it's more translucent and white ish. Im so scared!!

So now i feel my lifes over. Im terrified. Please advise?!

Benjammin69
24-08-18, 16:36
Tonsillitis ? You got a fever?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishmanpa
24-08-18, 16:40
I'm scared now, from googling...Please advise?!

Stop Googling! :doh:

Positive thoughts

Dayvid
24-08-18, 17:01
No tonsillitis (white spots on them have gone)

It's on the arch infront of my tonsils... like a white-ish patch.

It's not thick/creamy like they say thrush is but.. some pics looks similar...

I have had really bad acid reflux/heart burn last 2 nights and there is obviously an infection in my throat (white tonsil spots/ post nasal drip etc)

But thrush? do you think it could be? most say it's in the mouth/cheeks/tongue... it isn't. Just one spot.

Fishmanpa
24-08-18, 17:05
I had thrush several times during my cancer treatment. There's no mistaking it and it's quite uncomfortable and painful when in the mouth and throat. Frankly, it sounds like you're getting over a bug. If you're that "Terrified!", best to see your doctor.

Positive thoughts

Scass
24-08-18, 17:11
You can’t really mistake thrush. It feels funny, tastes funny & can be sore. Doesn’t sound like what you had. I would guess that you were getting over an infection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dayvid
24-08-18, 17:17
Thanks for your support guys, honestly. It's the only thin that's helped me through the years at times.

Im just nervous. It's just one little patch, near my uvula. It's not a painful area or anything. But my throat is going through something right now. So i'm presuming it's linked to an infection of sorts.

But i googled it, and it said thrush. It looked a bit similar and then HIV. I'm trying to calm down. I hate being like this!