PDA

View Full Version : Left lower rib protrudes out, not same on right

emmarose
24-08-18, 16:47
Can someone help provide some reassurance? For some reason, I became more aware of my left rib area (under my breast). I feel like I've had this forever, but now I can't be certain.

Basically if I slouch, lay down, suck in my stomach or put my hands above my head, my left rib/abdomen (?) is far more noticeable (I guess a protrusion? A bump?), while my right side just sucks in and goes hollow. I can't get the left side to do the same. I guess that's my rib? It's the area that juts out when you suck in.

A few days ago, I went to a MedExpress and told the PA that I felt my left rib was bigger. She felt around, did some chest xrays and said she could find anything. I now hope that I properly explained my issues (didn't tell her about how it pushes out when I move my hands up or breathe in).

Any thoughts? Is the left side usually bigger? Would the chest xray have caught something sinister (and does it even cover the area that far down)? Am just so concerned and want to feel normal again...I've been focusing non-stop on it and it's disrupting my life entirely :weep:

Fishmanpa
24-08-18, 16:49
We're asymmetrical by nature.

Positive thoughts

emmarose
24-08-18, 17:06
Thank you so much! Makes sense. It just worries me because it feels different from the right. The PA or x-ray would have picked up anything worrisome you think? Sorry, my HA is just through the roof, and I know you think I'm focusing on it too much (which you're right).

lucymarie
25-08-18, 21:29
My left sticks out too :yesyes: