PDA

View Full Version : I have Lyme, but is it something else too? :weep:

jab1023
24-08-18, 20:44
So on the second oft his month I was found to have REAL Lyme Disease, diagnosed by a neurologist and resulted at the Mayo Clinic. This came after six months of "all over the map" symptoms.

This came a couple days after seeing said Neurologist and getting an EMG, my second, done the day after.The EMG was said to be normal, though they noticed some twitching in my foot.

I have since been walking two miles about every day. My left foot has loosened up some but my muscles still twitch all over. Even my biceps, and SCM muscles twitch, and it's bad in my back after my walks.

I'm afraid that this is early ALS. I was on the Do I Have ALS? forum, and they made me leave after finding out I had Lyme, even though I came back saying I was still worried.

It feels like my body is falling apart. I can feel numbness about anywhere, but especially in my left foot or hand, which is the side the EMG done 3-4 weeks ago was on.

I want to believe it's only Lyme, but I'm terrified of dying from ALS. I think of how devastating it would be for my family and I after thinking I was turning the corner with the Lyme diagnosis.

Infectious Disease recommended I stay on Doxy for an extra couple weeks, for around six weeks of that total. They said if I'm not feeling a lot better, they will give me self-administered IV treatment with Ceftriaxone.

I just don't want to die!:weep:

Fishmanpa
24-08-18, 21:12
You don't have ALS and please don't go back to the ALS forum. It's highly disrespectful. Those folks were kind enough to offer reassurance while the disease is taking their lives.

READ THIS (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=196071) as many times as you need to. You should recognize it.

Keep taking your meds. Lyme is a bitch but you will recover.

Positive thoughts

jab1023
27-08-18, 14:50
You don't have ALS and please don't go back to the ALS forum. It's highly disrespectful. Those folks were kind enough to offer reassurance while the disease is taking their lives.

READ THIS (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=196071) as many times as you need to. You should recognize it.

Keep taking your meds. Lyme is a bitch but you will recover.

Positive thoughts

Hi FMP,

Believe me, I've read that a lot.

The thing I'm worried about mainly is the inner part of my left foot. There seems to be less padding there and the muscle going up to my big toe is more exposed.

And then I saw an infectious disease guy last week and he seemed to question whether or not I even had Lyme.

No one seems to know what it is, and I might not be finished being diagnosed.