PDA

View Full Version : Cant Believe How Much Ive Came On!!!!

Lucy36
16-08-07, 15:07
hi guys :D

i havent posted for a while, so i thought i would stick one on, today i am remarkably so proud of myself, for the first time in years i travelled all the way into glasgow city centre 20 mins there and back on bus. i was very nervous but i managed to keep the panic under control and there was no panic attack at all. i was doing positive thinking to myself aswell. i took the dog with me for support, but i can really say i hope next week i can do it without the dog with me, (shes a wee gem on the bus aswell), :yesyes:

my sons wee hamster died the other day after 3 years, so when i came home put the dog in and then jumped on the bus again and went to my local town centre, to get him a new hammy, managed to get right into the main street and do a bit shopping for household goods. then went to pet shop and came home again. :flowers:

people used to say to me that was in recovery and getting on so well, it can be done but i never thought to myself it could be done. that just shows me now we can jfdi lol.

For being agoraphobic and having panic attacks for approx 8 years now, i can really feel it now that ive got through that tunnel. there is always light and the end of the tunnel.

my partner has saw a remarkable difference in me over the last 3 years, geting out and about,

im so looking forward to going to blackpool on the 31st august for the week now. (maybe attempt getting to the top of blackpool tower).

hope all you guys are ok
keep chin up it can be done.

take care lucy

beauty
16-08-07, 15:13
Wow thats a massive achievement, well done!! :D
Its so encouraging to hear you say that even though you thought there was no way out you have found light at the end of the tunnel.
There is hope for all of us : ) xxx

nanny
16-08-07, 15:43
Well done:yesyes:

It's so good to hear someone sound so upbeat and positive about something they have achieved after thinking they never would.

Hope you are VERY VERY proud of yourself :hugs: :flowers:

CONGRATULATIONS :flowers:

CarpeDiem
16-08-07, 15:59
:) Hi Lucy :)

Well done you! :yesyes:

As someone still ploughing their way through 'the tunnel' its always nice to hear of someone finally making it out the other side! Must be a great feeling?

Keep it up, take care,
CarpeDiem
xxxxxx

Nibbles
16-08-07, 20:28
:yesyes: Well done Lucy! :yesyes:

Have a lovely time in Blackpool :flowers:

honeybee3939
16-08-07, 20:30
Wow lucy !!

WELL DONE:yesyes: :yesyes: ! sounds like you have made excellent progress hun !

Its lovely to read such a positive post, onwards and upwards for you now.:yesyes:

Hope you have a lovely holiday, you deserve it for working so hard at beating the agorophobia.:flowers:

Hugs
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

debera
16-08-07, 21:36
well done lucy
debera:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Lucy36
16-08-07, 22:00
Thanks very much for the replies.

im going to challenge tomorrow a bit of shopping on the bus again.

i wont be overdoing it thou. coz i know its a case of one day at a time.

bye for now

ps i;ll let yous know how i get on tomrw

nomorepanic
17-08-07, 19:17
Lucy

Lovely to see you here again and thanks for the update.

Well done for all your successes :yesyes: :yesyes:

trac67
17-08-07, 20:39
Lucy,

You have come on in leaps and bounds mate, im so proud of you :yesyes:

Keep up the good work

Love

Trac xxxx

PUGLETMUM
17-08-07, 22:20
:yesyes: well done lucy!!!!!!:winks:

groovygranny
17-08-07, 23:51
Woh, Lucy that's marvellous!!

Blackpool Tower eh? Oh wouldn't I love to be able to do that......

Praps I will now, listening to you :)!

Well done !

Lucy36
18-08-07, 11:22
Thanks for the replies guys.

well yesterday i jumped on the bus and went shopping again, bang panic attack when i stepped off the bus, jelly legs, sweating, feeling out of control, no palpitations this time thou. i must admit the panic attack was never like it used to be dreadful, but i just kept on walking held my high up high, and kept going. i had to stand for a few moments thou outside the shops coz my balance was away, grrr. but im so proud of myself coz i never turned back and kept going, i felt much better wen i dived into a supermarket and grabbed a trolley and took a walk through there. then i thought to myself i;ll get a taxi home, but then realised i had no money left, (silly bitch), so had to go for the bus again, i felt much better when i arrived at the bus stop and had a fag. oh man it was good to get back home again.

well today im going with thomas into glasgow city centre to spend his pocket money, im meeting partner off the bus, so i;ll see how today goes. im going fight this through thick and thin.

i;ll let yous know how i get on today.

Trac hun, how are you? i hope your doing so well.

Lindalou64
18-08-07, 12:06
Thats Great News Lucy........we Will Have Panic There But You Seem To Be Coping Well With It....its Just A Feeling We Have To Tell Our Selves And Stay Positive.wish Ya The Best......linda Xx