PDA

View Full Version : Afraid this is either rabies or cancer. I知 not sure which.

Drew1994
26-08-18, 02:41
Afraid I知 getting either rabies or cancer I知 not sure which. For the last 3 days, my throat has felt tight and I致e had difficulty swallowing. I can still eat and drink but sometimes it takes effort, it almost feels like a throat spasm. The only other thing I could think of that could cause it would be my acid reflux. The other night I woke up with stomach acid in my throat and it backed up into my nose. It may have irritated the esophagus but this was 3 days ago. Knowing me I always assume the worst though.

lofwyr
26-08-18, 05:37
Why in the world would you think rabies?! Your odds of contracting rabies in the US is around 1 in 300 million.

Fishmanpa
26-08-18, 06:24
Hows the diet and exercise coming along? Making any progress on addressing your cholesterol/weight?

Positive thoughts

hazelbritt
26-08-18, 11:01
Sounds like a classic anxiety symptom to me. Sorry you are struggling. Take heart

nomorepanic
26-08-18, 12:11
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

ankietyjoe
26-08-18, 14:41
Afraid I知 getting either rabies or cancer I知 not sure which. For the last 3 days, my throat has felt tight and I致e had difficulty swallowing. I can still eat and drink but sometimes it takes effort, it almost feels like a throat spasm. The only other thing I could think of that could cause it would be my acid reflux. The other night I woke up with stomach acid in my throat and it backed up into my nose. It may have irritated the esophagus but this was 3 days ago. Knowing me I always assume the worst though.

http://franklintonbands.weebly.com/uploads/5/6/4/2/56427195/bingo_orig.gif

Hypo84
26-08-18, 21:07
Symptoms definitely match rabbies symptoms. You were bitten by fox or racoon recently right?

paranoid-viking
27-08-18, 08:58
Symptoms definitely match rabbies symptoms. You were bitten by fox or racoon recently right?

NO IT IS NOT!
Why are you writing this? Are you trying to feed his fear even more? Remember that this is a forum for people with anxiety about health; this is not reddit.
And if the OP had terminal rabies he would not be able to sit and type it on his computer. Please delete your post. It is not "perfectly matching" rabies. It is perfectly matching ACID REFLUX which I myself has lived with for more than 20 years. And yes; they do cause painful throat sensations; particulary at night.

Hypo84
27-08-18, 09:27
You seriously can't recognize sarcasm in my post? It is painfully obvious cmon.
And I know what this forum is about as I too have HA but sometimes making fun of fears is much more beneficial than constant reassurance.

People, myself included need to realize how unrealistic their thinking is.