View Full Version : Worsening dry cough..

Hypo27
26-08-18, 03:15
I’ve had a dry cough for awhile now and I’m getting worried it’s something bad.. Of course I’m worried it’s something bad like cancer or pneumonia because I have also had breathing issues for awhile also.. I have had a congested nose sneezing also so idk. I’ve heard pneumonia has been going around I guess it could be that and that really scares me as pneumonia can be deadly.....

AMomentofClarity
26-08-18, 03:39
How’s the esophageal cancer?

AntsyVee
26-08-18, 04:53
How’s the esophageal cancer?

Apparently it’s not as bad as the pneumonia...

pulisa
26-08-18, 08:21
It was certainly deadly for my Father but you're young so should be able to cope with it pretty well. How was Florida?

Scass
26-08-18, 08:56
Pneumonia doesn’t go around (I don’t think?) it’s usuals secondary infection.

A cough is also a symptom of reflux, which I think you may have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AntsyVee
26-08-18, 12:51
Yes, he has reflux.

jray23
26-08-18, 15:16
If you have a persistent cold for more than a few days, sure go see a doctor or minute clinic, but my co-workers have had a cough for 3 weeks now. It happens.

Congratulations on surviving stage 4 esophagus cancer though! There's no way a cough can kill you now compared to that!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

utrocket09
26-08-18, 16:51
If you have a persistent cold for more than a few days, sure go see a doctor or minute clinic, but my co-workers have had a cough for 3 weeks now. It happens.

Congratulations on surviving stage 4 esophagus cancer though! There's no way a cough can kill you now compared to that!

I think he also survived another type of cancer.

Blue23Blent
29-08-18, 19:04
So how many cancers has hypo had?

MyNameIsTerry
30-08-18, 02:26

Over here they don't want us in the surgeries on this basis as we end up passing it onto people down there with weakened immune systems. That's how bothered our NHS would be about cold symptoms.

A cough for weeks they would advise you see a GP to let them make the call in the same way "see blood when you wipe" is put across. But most of the time it will be roids or fissures just as a cough can be many low importance issues.

My mum is elderly and a few years ago had months of coughing. The doctors weren't concerned, it was fluid build up from her water tablets. Yet on the adverts that would shit your pants time symptoms-wise.