PDA

View Full Version : Severe panic of being in unfirmiliar places

Pupps
26-08-18, 06:04
Hi I have never done this before but here goes. I have had panic and anxiety for 15 years and I have managed to have a relieve normal life by avoiding things that caused me to panic. I have a fear of travelling and I have my best friends wedding in Thailand and I really want to be there. I leave tonight and have been anxious for the last 2 months about it. I feel if I get to another country I will lose control of myself because of panic and will be stuck in a forign country. I have slot of support from my wife and friends but I still feel horrible . I want to do it to see if it will open doors for me but it just makes me so uncomfortable.

Thanks for listening

venusbluejeans
26-08-18, 06:22
Hiya Pupps and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

ScaredScot
26-08-18, 20:43
Good luck and well done for making your mind up that you wanted to be there for your best friend's special day.

I'm sure you can do it and the support of those around you will help a lot.

Please let us know how you got on.

ScaredScot

Pupps
27-08-18, 09:45
Hi scaredscot,

I got close but just couldn’t get there. I spent 2 months anxious and panicky about the whole event but I was working on just letting Be what will be . I took a short flight and stayed there over night and flew back 3 week ago and it was extremely hard but I did it and I was so proud and felt The wedding was achievable. It’s just hard now I have that feeling of defeat. I will get back on the horse but it has been a set back that’s for sure.

Appreciate your reply