PDA

View Full Version : Sleep disturbances?

MagpieWitch
26-08-18, 20:32
Hey, a lot of you know I am scared of rabies for 12 days now with some vague symptoms. And I can't sleep. And I know insomnia and restlessness as well as anxiety are rabies symptoms.

Do any of you during the height of anxiety (where I am) have weird sleeping symptoms such as:
- night terrors and nightmares
- blurred line between dream and real
- sweats
- tremors (like vibrating arms, legs and chest)
- beating in ears
- feeling worse in the morning
- jerking
- jolting awake

An answer will help me greatly please...

Andrash
26-08-18, 23:32
Hey, a lot of you know I am scared of rabies for 12 days now with some vague symptoms. And I can't sleep. And I know insomnia and restlessness as well as anxiety are rabies symptoms.

Do any of you during the height of anxiety (where I am) have weird sleeping symptoms such as:
- night terrors and nightmares
- blurred line between dream and real
- sweats
- tremors (like vibrating arms, legs and chest)
- beating in ears
- feeling worse in the morning
- jerking
- jolting awake

An answer will help me greatly please...

It is other way around. Insomnia, restlessness and fear of rabies are anxiety symptoms ;)

As for the things you mentioned - yes to pretty much all of these. Moreover, for me it doesn't depend on anxiety at all - I have always had pretty vivid and realistic dreams so when they are bad, they are really bad and I had everything: waking up feeling tired, waking up soaked in sweat, nightmares, jolting awake, disorientation, sleep paralysis...the works. Nothing sinister, nothing uncommon.

MagpieWitch
27-08-18, 00:23
It is other way around. Insomnia, restlessness and fear of rabies are anxiety symptoms ;)

As for the things you mentioned - yes to pretty much all of these. Moreover, for me it doesn't depend on anxiety at all - I have always had pretty vivid and realistic dreams so when they are bad, they are really bad and I had everything: waking up feeling tired, waking up soaked in sweat, nightmares, jolting awake, disorientation, sleep paralysis...the works. Nothing sinister, nothing uncommon.

I don't know what its called but I get those half awake half asleep hallucinations and they can be quite disturbing.

MyNameIsTerry
27-08-18, 01:43
I don't know what its called but I get those half awake half asleep hallucinations and they can be quite disturbing.

Hypnagogic if when falling asleep or within 2 hours of sleep onset. Hypnopompic if when waking.

Everyone gets them, anxiety is not a cause of them but it known to increase their frequency.

It's hallucinations outside of these periods that are more of a concern but even then there are reasons why anyone can experience them from fatigue to grieving.