PDA

View Full Version : Worried about medication giving me a heart attack

anxious_thoughts
27-08-18, 00:22
Hi everyone,

Been battling with my anxiety a lot lately. So I was on a low dose normal birth control for prolonged bleeding for a month but it didn’t help at all. I took my last pill last night at 11:30pm.

Bleeding was still happening so I remember my gyno gave me a prescription for medroxyprogesterone which helps with abnormal uterus bleeding. It’s only 10mg in one pill and I have to take it for 10 days to stop bleeding.

Anyways, I took that pill at around 1:30pm it’s 4:10pm now, but I feel panciky. I feel like my heart beat is a bit faster than usual and I’m starting to feel tingles in my arms (which has happened many times before with anxiety.

My pharmacist said it should be fine taking this pill while taking Lo Loestrin fe over 12 hours ago. Do you guys think I’m just overthinking? :doh: I know you can jump from one birth control to the other the next day with no problems so I hope I’m fine. Just want these heart attack thoughts to go away!!

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 16:14 ----------

Anyone?

nomorepanic
27-08-18, 00:24
Jen you seem out of control at the moment.

I have never heard of it giving someone a heart attack.

anxious_thoughts
27-08-18, 19:13
Jen you seem out of control at the moment.

I have never heard of it giving someone a heart attack.

Actually things are getting better, this medication is allowing me to gain the control back in my life. I ended up calling the pharmacist again and double checking the interactions. I’m on my second pill now!