PDA

View Full Version : Twitching

flatterycat
27-08-18, 08:33
Hello

I’m getting myself worked up again.
I was worrying about twitching and mnd back in March this year but seemed to calm down about it. However I’ve been having really strong twitching in my left calf and to the left side of my knee. It’s very strong and yesterday I looked at my knee while it was twitching and saw it moving. It wasn’t subtle either. I’m now terrified again. The fact that I could see it and it was so strong and obvious has thrown me.

I saw my doc about the twitching back in March but it wasn’t as strong then and I remember her saying if I can’t see it not to worry. Of course I’m now thinking the worse. The twitching is mainly in my left leg and I’ve noticed today that my knee feels odd when I walk, almost as though it’ll give way at any moment.

Any advice would be welcome.

Sarah xx

anxious_thoughts
27-08-18, 19:17
Hello

I’m getting myself worked up again.
I was worrying about twitching and mnd back in March this year but seemed to calm down about it. However I’ve been having really strong twitching in my left calf and to the left side of my knee. It’s very strong and yesterday I looked at my knee while it was twitching and saw it moving. It wasn’t subtle either. I’m now terrified again. The fact that I could see it and it was so strong and obvious has thrown me.

I saw my doc about the twitching back in March but it wasn’t as strong then and I remember her saying if I can’t see it not to worry. Of course I’m now thinking the worse. The twitching is mainly in my left leg and I’ve noticed today that my knee feels odd when I walk, almost as though it’ll give way at any moment.

Any advice would be welcome.

Sarah xx

Hi Sarah,

Twitching is such a common side effect for anxiety! I get this daily as well, sometimes in the exact same spot (if I focus on it), other times all over my body. If I start to think about it I can even make my limbs feel a pins and needles sensation, but as soon as I get distracted it goes away. Anxiety has a way of doing that.

It’s normal for muscles to twitch, I wouldn’t be too worried about it :)

flatterycat
27-08-18, 20:33
Thanks Jen.

I think it was the fact that I could see the twitching in my leg and that it was very obvious.

X

JoeCanuck
30-08-18, 13:44
The front of my left thigh was going nuts for the last week until I recovered enough from a cold to get back to the gym. It was a almost a valley in my thigh muscle, which was disconcerting to say the least, but it too passed.

TylerB
31-08-18, 19:35
I can see most of my random twitches. Have been for over a year now. I’m not sure that Dr was competent in this matter. Don’t worry about seeing it! If your muscle is twitching it’s because of anxiety. If it was ALS, you would 100% know within the first month or two, and even still only 1/400 cases present with Twitching and within 3 months there is clear cut clinical weakness. And what are the chances of random muscles all having als at the same time? Presenting all without any profound weakness? I’ll tell you: 0% chance.