PDA

View Full Version : What is this ?

Walk
27-08-18, 12:53
I am not generally a very calm person. I worry about lots of things and I can imagine ahead every situation in to a worst possible scenario.

I have a tolerant and understanding partner and recently I've been a lot better. But my partner has had to go away to look after her mother and after a couple of weeks I'm starting to have a bit of a melt down.

I have a huge flight response - I just want to hide or do something dramatic. This is what's happened in the past and reducing work stress and taking exercise has helped. I know it sounds just like another bloke who can't cope on his own, but that just makes me embarrassed which isn't a good feeling.

What is this - I feel if I had a name for this feeling then I might be able to fight it a bit better. At the moment it's just hard to function.

venusbluejeans
27-08-18, 12:59
Hiya Walk and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Zapp
30-08-18, 23:20
Hello your not alone. Sound like anxiety to me theres a really good cbt page look at that see if there stuff that sounds like what your having ive been using it and really helping me out. Im also a flight. Overthinker.if u cant find it pm me ill send u link.

venusbluejeans
30-08-18, 23:39
It does seem to be an anxiety disorder.... which I think is what you think it is too otherwise you wouldn't have chosen NMP to post on.

Please don't be embarrased about it. There is such a stigma about mental health problems in men and that is why you feel embarrassed about it... but there really shouldn't be at all. Men have every right their emotions and how they feel as much as women.

have you been to your GP about it all?

You will not be judged here at all so feel free to share what you would like.