PDA

View Full Version : Fear of going crazy/neurological disorder

HullSimplibus
28-08-18, 17:05
Well..I now fear I am going crazy

It all started a few days back. I hiccuped and coughed at the same time, causing a terrible pain inside my head. I was worried for the next day or so about a brain haemorrhage.

And then when I started worrying about my 'brain', that brought many more symptoms. memory issues (e.g, forgetting short-term things), not being able to think straight and I have muscle twitching. Say I am sat down and all the sudden my toe, arm, or calf will twitch.

I am now afraid I have some sort of degenerative neurological disorder and I will go crazy, forget everything and die. :weep:

Andrash
28-08-18, 17:22
There is an old saying: if you think you are crazy, you aren't. Crazy people can't feel/don't know they are crazy or going crazy. So don't worry, apart from little health anxiety issue which you should deal with, you are completely and utterly sane.

HullSimplibus
28-08-18, 17:59
There is an old saying: if you think you are crazy, you aren't. Crazy people can't feel/don't know they are crazy or going crazy. So don't worry, apart from little health anxiety issue which you should deal with, you are completely and utterly sane.

Thanks. That helped a lot. :)