PDA

View Full Version : sinuses or lymphoma?

tech3545
29-08-18, 08:55
Well to start for the past month or so ive felt like crap and my nose has been stuffy, but not terribly, didn't really have to confront it till now, was never too bad. Have had headaches above my eyes and between my eyes and sometimes soreness when applying pressure to my cheek area, chills off and on and just general fatigue and feeling sorta under the weather I guess, general malaise. My temp was also slightly higher than usual, occasionally reaching 99.2, that was the highest it got to my knowledge. Well in the recent couple of days the malaise has gotten worse and I now have a low grade fever, 99.9 and a blocked nose and sinus pain, aches, chills and a sore throat. Now the reason I have a suspicion itd lymphoma is Becuase ive felt a couple hard nodes in the front of my neck, one substantially smaller one in the back of my neck, all movable and the ones on the front are sore when I try to move them. but I don't know how long they've been there. I felt them about 2 weeks ago and , they haven't grown, but they are pretty firm, not rock hard but firm. Again they could have been there forever and I may never have noticed. Im concerned mainly because ive felt like crap for a month, so my mind automatically goes to the worst place. Ive always had allergies especially pollen is one of my triggers. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has had the same thing with allergies or possibly a sinus infection. Not coming for a diagnosis, don't want it to sound like that. Thanks

SetYourMindFree
29-08-18, 13:36
No doubt a sinus infection.

When I was diagnosed with lymphoma I was having sinus issues too however it wasn't a direct symptom of the lymphoma but rather the tumor growing and causing issues on my tonsil, and thus pushing on my maxillary sinuses. I never had a fever, chills, aches and pains. The thing about your head and neck (below the brain) is that it is a tight area. Anything growing to any substantial size will not go unnoticed. My tonsil was huge. My lymph node was the size of a golf ball. All that growth in there was inhibiting the drainage coming out of sinuses.

Carnation
29-08-18, 15:44
I get sinus issues a lot!
Pain behind the eye, around the eye, tickling sensation in the nose, pain sometimes in and around the ear. Shooting pains in the head. Blocked nose one minute, then runny the next. Scratchy throat, sometimes swollen nodes. Waking in the night coughing from post nasal drop. No energy and slightly fluey. Hot one minute, then shivery the next. Oh, and sneezing about twenty times, then nothing and a bit light-headed.
I take Manuka honey now, every day.
Hope this helps a bit.

tech3545
29-08-18, 18:08
Did/do you ever get a low grade fever? That's my main concern currently, my body temp over all has been higher than usual in the last month or so

Fishmanpa
29-08-18, 18:33
Did/do you ever get a low grade fever? That's my main concern currently, my body temp over all has been higher than usual in the last month or so

What's "higher than usual"?

Positive thoughts

tech3545
29-08-18, 19:05
Well my normal is around 97 something, recently its been at 98/borderline 99 and then going up into the 99s, ive felt crappy for the past month or so and i knew something was up, woke up last night stuffy and sore faced and my temp was 99.9. When I went to the doc earlier in July I was at 99.2 and he said that it was ok as he sort of brushed me off.

Fishmanpa
29-08-18, 19:22
Well my normal is around 97 something, recently its been at 98/borderline 99 and then going up into the 99s, ive felt crappy for the past month or so and i knew something was up, woke up last night stuffy and sore faced and my temp was 99.9. When I went to the doc earlier in July I was at 99.2 and he said that it was ok as he sort of brushed me off.

That's exactly what I thought :winks: That's not a fever no matter what your "norm" is. Sounds like you're just fighting off some bug or something :shrug:

Positive thoughts

SetYourMindFree
29-08-18, 19:27

No never.

AMomentofClarity
29-08-18, 19:31
“Low grade fever” screams Google search. Nobody’s temperature is 98.6 or whatever the hell “normal” is all the time. Fluctuations are perfectly normal, which is why it’s technically not a fever until over 100.

Carnation
29-08-18, 20:23
With me, not a fever, just a hot face and head due to the sinuses. More of a flush.

tech3545
29-08-18, 21:35
That's exactly what I thought :winks: That's not a fever no matter what your "norm" is. Sounds like you're just fighting off some bug or something :shrug:

Positive thoughts

Yeah but for over a month? During the summer? And its just now getting more intense. May just be me but doesn't that sound a ltitle odd? But anyway thanks for all the replies.

SetYourMindFree
29-08-18, 22:57
Yeah but for over a month? During the summer? And its just now getting more intense. May just be me but doesn't that sound a ltitle odd? But anyway thanks for all the replies.

Clinically speaking, only now have you had a fever. Everything else was a perfectly normal temperature. And besides, a fever is not a sign of lymphoma anyway. It's a sign of infection.

Fishmanpa
29-08-18, 23:02

Not odd at all as it's considered NORMAL! :whistles:

Positive thoughts