PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety - Foot

hopej101
29-08-18, 13:43
Hi guys, so first off I do want to start with that I am a senior in college with severe health anxiety. I developed it when I was backpackimg through Europe this summer. It was first chest pain., then severe panic attacks and I literally could not swallow and then I flew home in early July. Since then, its been one thing after another. The anxiety triggered my chronic hives. So I went on steroids to treat that. Then my nose swelled up on one side from an under the skin infection. The doctor put me on a round of antibiotics and that helped with the pain but didnt necessarily heal it Now is very slow healing and the swelling is going down little by little. But in these past couple of weeks my hives have slowly started to come back. Then last night I looked down at my right foot and noticed that it was just completely swollen like a soft lump right above my ankle on the top of my foot. Then I started fixating on that really bad like taking constant pictures, and googling it. I iced it and raised it and that helped. The swelling is smaller now this morning. But it still hurts and I know logically the odds of me dying from this swollen foot or it being a sign of a disease are very very low. But still I cannot stop feeling pain or looking st it or thinking about it

I know Hypochondria is a form of Ocd which I have had OCD tendencies in the past. How can I get myself to a) reassure myself completely about my foot swelling and b) to stop fixating on it?

My family/friends are exhausted with this constant anxiety and so am I.