PDA

View Full Version : Scared of back tumors

MrWorrier
29-08-18, 19:49
Hi everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster.

First a little bit about myself. I’m a 33 year old guy who has suffered with anxiety most of his life. I’ve been through the NHS online CBT course and am currently waiting on a referral from my online coach to see a psychologist.

Like most people here, I go through periods of high and low anxiety. 2018 had been pretty good so far in terms of my anxiety levels, but a little over 3 weeks ago my anxiety levels spiked after getting sunburn during my holiday and made me worry about skin cancer.

I tried the techniques that I’d learnt on my online course and they seemed to help a little, but then just over 2 weeks ago I started to get neck and back ache.

It originally started in the place where you can sort of feel a ball at the top of the spine, but since then has also started to ache in my shoulders either side, as well as moving further down the spine towards the middle of the back. It’s not a stabbing pain, but more of a dull ache.

I’ve also been feeling incredibly tired and had aches in my arms and legs, particularly my left leg.

I thought it was going yesterday when I woke up and had most of the day without any aches or pains in the back, but then it returned last night and has been present today too.

However what’s really freaked me out and caused me to post on here is that just now, I pressed my neck slightly where it was aching and felt something move/click pop which has made my anxiety levels jump massively. I’m terrified that I’ve got some sort of lump/tumor in my back that’s causing these symptoms – especially since these aches have been around for a little over 2 weeks now.

nomorepanic
29-08-18, 19:52
Sounds more muscular to me and could be related to a bad posture.

See the doc if you are worried and they can refer you to physio if they think you need it.

MrWorrier
30-08-18, 01:06
Hi, can I ask what make you think it might be bad posture?

The only reason I ask is because where I've had pulled muscles in the past, moving my head around now, doesn't make it feel like the aches are from the muscles but the bones themselves in the spine, so freaking me out.