PDA

View Full Version : Bigboy

Phuzella
29-08-18, 20:08
Not seen him on here for a while. Anyone know how he is?

pulisa
29-08-18, 20:26
We did express our concern on his meet-up thread, Phuzella.

I don't think he's logged on since early July.

I hope he's ok and just decided to move on from NMP. I suppose there's no way of knowing. He was very frustrated with the lack of response re local meet-ups so maybe he has decided to ditch online stuff and get out in the real world?

BikerMatt
29-08-18, 20:28
I was thinking the same. Hope he's ok.

MyNameIsTerry
30-08-18, 02:27
Maybe he's talking to friends on here and not needing the forum anymore?

I hope he and Nipper are doing well.

Magic
30-08-18, 21:25
I have been wondering about Bigboy too. I hope he is alright!

Phuzella
02-09-18, 11:13
Thanks for replies. Only just noticed them :)

BikerMatt
02-09-18, 15:47
Nice to see that after Bigboy gave a lot of time and effort to the forum trying to help people, a massive total of 4 people replied.

nomorepanic
02-09-18, 16:08
If you send him a PM then it should end up in his email inbox so he may come back to update us.

pulisa
02-09-18, 17:58
Nice to see that after Bigboy gave a lot of time and effort to the forum trying to help people, a massive total of 4 people replied.

I know...Takers outweighing givers massively, I'm afraid.

BikerMatt
02-09-18, 20:03
I know...Takers outweighing givers massively, I'm afraid.

Yep it's a shame. He was always trying to help on the 25 page " I've carried my mobile phone in my back pocket for years, does this mean my anus could develop a brain tumour?" Type threads.

I've seen these people on here since this was posted and nothing from them!

pulisa
02-09-18, 20:32
I'm sure he's probably had his fill of NMP but knowing that he had significant difficulties makes his absence more concerning. However he's perfectly entitled to log off without giving us any explanations.

MyNameIsTerry
03-09-18, 02:28
A few more people commented on the other thread.

But in all the time I've been here I've found it uncommon for most posters to venture from the board that suits their disorder. Given the numbers this is easy to see on the HA board.

So, will they even see this? I doubt they see the announcements from Admin either.

BikerMatt
03-09-18, 11:04
A few more people commented on the other thread.

But in all the time I've been here I've found it uncommon for most posters to venture from the board that suits their disorder. Given the numbers this is easy to see on the HA board.

So, will they even see this? I doubt they see the announcements from Admin either.

Where was the other thread Terry?

I thought everybody would use the forum in the way that you can see all the new posts. I come on, go to active topics then hit since last visit.

Carnation
03-09-18, 16:53
Bigboy would be very humbled that you all care.
I always found him very helpful and kind and whatever he is doing at the moment, he will undoubtedly be touched when he reads this thread. :hugs:

MRS STRESS ED
03-09-18, 20:32
Sending bigboy love and hoping he is ok in my thoughts and prayers xx :hugs:

Buster70
03-09-18, 23:12

I thought everybody would use the forum in the way that you can see all the new posts. I come on, go to active topics then hit since last visit.

KK noted he was AWOL a few weeks back on his " possible meets in staffs " thread , he's either doing really well at the hide and seek convention or he's had enough of us lunatics and needs a well earned break .
I wish him well along with the other disappeared.:hugs:

MyNameIsTerry
04-09-18, 01:37

Buster has answered it for me. Cheers mate :yesyes:

I don't know what everyone does, I use the traditional forum view by logging onto the main board and clicking on each board as I find it easier than the filters.

It's just it's very uncommon to see people off HA posting about anything outside of there even if there is a board for it. That's why I've considered the HA board to be it's forum within a forum for years. Admin post about the rules and the same kick offs continue on the HA board and you rarely find HAers posting replies in those Admin threads.

BikerMatt
04-09-18, 12:53
KK noted he was AWOL a few weeks back on his " possible meets in staffs " thread , he's either doing really well at the hide and seek convention or he's had enough of us lunatics and needs a well earned break .
I wish him well along with the other disappeared.:hugs:

Ta Buster. I just looked at the meet up thread.

I really hope he's doing ok.

---------- Post added at 12:53 ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 ----------

Buster has answered it for me. Cheers mate :yesyes:

I don't know what everyone does, I use the traditional forum view by logging onto the main board and clicking on each board as I find it easier than the filters.

It's just it's very uncommon to see people off HA posting about anything outside of there even if there is a board for it. That's why I've considered the HA board to be it's forum within a forum for years. Admin post about the rules and the same kick offs continue on the HA board and you rarely find HAers posting replies in those Admin threads.

Ok Terry, ta:)

Elen
04-09-18, 14:49
Fingers crossed that all is well. He may just be having a break.

MyNameIsTerry
05-09-18, 01:39
He disappeared but then re-appeared and made one post then disappeared again.

BikerMatt
19-09-18, 13:50
Anybody heard anything from Dave at all?

I sen't him a PM through here and used the option to send it to his actual email account a few weeks ago now and not heard anything.

pulisa
19-09-18, 14:10
I really hope he is ok and that he has just decided to move on but it would be good to know for sure..

We probably won't know though and it's worrying in view of the difficulties he faced and continued to face.

MyNameIsTerry
19-09-18, 14:18
He was having problems with the notifications. They were coming through blank.

He was friends with some on here so maybe they know? So some may hear in PM if Dave's got reasons for his break? They may update some who are asking if they are friends in PM.

BikerMatt
19-09-18, 16:48
Pulisa and Terry.

I find it really odd and worrying that Dave just vanished. He was obviously very lonely and NMP gave him some sort of contact with others.

pulisa
19-09-18, 17:20
I know, Matt. NMP frustrated him at times because he was searching for a lot more than an online forum can offer. He was very vulnerable and I don't think it's catastrophising to be very concerned as to his wellbeing.

KK77
19-09-18, 21:33
I also sent Dave an email over a month ago now and got no response. I think it's sadly only being realistic to think something isn't right with him. We can only hope that he returns or replies to one of us.

Catherine S
19-09-18, 22:17
Dave hasn't replied to me either so I also hope he's ok. That's the thing really...unless you have a contact who can let the forum know if something has happened, we would never know if it's something bad or not.

My experience of nmp since I joined in 2007 is that mostly people just decide to move on without anything bad happening and without telling us. Occasionally they'll pop back and say hi, but mostly not. That's just life I guess, but yes...I hope Dave is ok and I wish him well for the future.

Cath x x

MyNameIsTerry
20-09-18, 01:52
Pulisa and Terry.

I find it really odd and worrying that Dave just vanished. He was obviously very lonely and NMP gave him some sort of contact with others.

Well, there are people in this thread who I know Dave got on very well with and I would expect to know if there was something (obviously, I'm not discounting privacy he may have asked for in confiding as well) so it's more odd to me now. But I just hope he has shifted his focus into the real world and found more from that as much of what he wanted wasn't going to be found on here in my opinion.

I mentioned it before, after he disappeared for a while I saw him post a very short reply on FrankT's copyright worries thread. So, I assumed he was taking a backseat and was returning but then nothing further...

Sadly people do just disappear. Ian from the Meds board just vanished after daily posting since he joined and with him being an OAP and lung cancer survivor with one lung I feared the worst there. And Carys has also disappeared too but I think she did before so I expect is taking a break.

I'm always torn about sending messages though. I question whether someone really needs to get away and doesn't want reminders but then what if they are upset & lonely and it would give them a boost someone shows they care? So, sometimes I have and other times I been wary of it seeming pushy as it can be hard being on here and not everyone is chasing reassurance, some struggle posting & talking as they are more likely to avoid or go inwards. I can appreciate that as it's more how I've been.

So, if you are out there Dave just look at the number of people who always show they care on your threads. It's proof that what your thoughts might be trying to convince you don't match the reality as you were well liked & respected on here. Your threads were very active which only further proves that to me.

KK77
20-09-18, 11:34
Sadly people do just disappear. Ian from the Meds board just vanished after daily posting since he joined and with him being an OAP and lung cancer survivor with one lung I feared the worst there. And Carys has also disappeared too but I think she did before so I expect is taking a break.

Also Brian (Braindead) who hasn't been on here for over 5 months now. I sent him an email back then but never heard anything. He had many problems he was dealing with after a long spell in hospital so hope he simply tired of us and has moved on. Sadly, it's not always easy believing this when a member is struggling with their mental and/or physical health.

Elen
20-09-18, 11:59
I must confess that I am guilty of avoiding contact when I am really struggling.

Like others I hope that he is perhaps following the site without logging if.

If so I would like to wish you all the best and we are all here for you if you need us.

nomorepanic
20-09-18, 13:05
I used to be able to email people and ask if they are ok but I am wary of doing this now because of the GDPR and someone may take offence to me using their email address to contact them.

I have done this in the past to check on members but have to be so careful how I use private information now, so sorry I can't help further.

pulisa
20-09-18, 14:02
Also Brian (Braindead) who hasn't been on here for over 5 months now. I sent him an email back then but never heard anything. He had many problems he was dealing with after a long spell in hospital so hope he simply tired of us and has moved on. Sadly, it's not always easy believing this when a member is struggling with their mental and/or physical health.

I agree, KK. I tend to fear the worst.

I think Brian found that NMP didn't really meet his needs because he had complex issues. He did have his family to look after him though. Dave appeared to be pretty isolated.

I can appreciate that you are in a difficult situation re contacting members, Nic. I don't think there's a lot anyone can do other than what has already been done?

axolotl
20-09-18, 16:23
Wishing him all the best too if he reads this, he's always such a kind, well-meaning guy and I hope he's OK.

MyNameIsTerry
21-09-18, 02:11

Yes, very true. With Brian it was obvious he was going through a lot and we can only trust in his family to be helping.

I can think of others that disappear. Gregcool, Rennie, Kimberley, lior, SADNoMore, etc. Sometimes some pop back and explain how things have been going, which have often been quite well until a slip. Shazamataz, Mermaid, etc who pop back on now & again but are quiet.

I don't use chat or the Facebook group so some may be in there too and prefer these formats. Some people just go quiet. Some have themselves set to not show as well so they may just be around in chat or on PM.

We just have to hope they are all doing well and don't need this place.

---------- Post added at 02:11 ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 ----------

I used to be able to email people and ask if they are ok but I am wary of doing this now because of the GDPR and someone may take offence to me using their email address to contact them.

I have done this in the past to check on members but have to be so careful how I use private information now, so sorry I can't help further.

If people have opted to have messages sent to them via email then you would hope that was ok? If not and the email address is just in file then I can understand that as it might be seen as intrusive I guess.

To be honest, GDPR is a load of garbage. It's done nothing to my email whether I opted in or not (and many never even asked anyway since they were already spamming & mailshoting).

BikerMatt
21-09-18, 12:56
Yes, very true. With Brian it was obvious he was going through a lot and we can only trust in his family to be helping.

I can think of others that disappear. Gregcool, Rennie, Kimberley, lior, SADNoMore, etc. Sometimes some pop back and explain how things have been going, which have often been quite well until a slip. Shazamataz, Mermaid, etc who pop back on now & again but are quiet.

I don't use chat or the Facebook group so some may be in there too and prefer these formats. Some people just go quiet. Some have themselves set to not show as well so they may just be around in chat or on PM.

We just have to hope they are all doing well and don't need this place.

---------- Post added at 02:11 ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 ----------

If people have opted to have messages sent to them via email then you would hope that was ok? If not and the email address is just in file then I can understand that as it might be seen as intrusive I guess.

To be honest, GDPR is a load of garbage. It's done nothing to my email whether I opted in or not (and many never even asked anyway since they were already spamming & mailshoting).

I often think of Greegcool too, also Annie 0904. I think i saw Lior on here no long ago.

MyNameIsTerry
21-09-18, 13:04
I often think of Greegcool too, also Annie 0904. I think i saw Lior on here no long ago.

Yeah, lior pops back.

How did I forget Annie? :doh: A very friendly, supportive member. Swgrl too but she will be busy changing nappies now.

pulisa
21-09-18, 13:16
I often think about Karina (flipp). I honestly don't know how anyone could carry on after such tragedies in her life but she had to find a way in order to care for her children who were also dealing with the double bereavement.

mezzaninedoor
21-09-18, 14:14
@nomorepanic ~ thats a real shame, is there T&C's with the no more panic board/forum that could state that if not heard of for a while an admin may reach out by eMail to check in with a member ? I dont know what you have to do to be GDPR compliant

BikerMatt
21-09-18, 15:43
Yeah, lior pops back.

How did I forget Annie? :doh: A very friendly, supportive member. Swgrl too but she will be busy changing nappies now.

And cleaning up projectile vomit:ohmy:

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:33 ----------

Yeah, lior pops back.

Annie is really lovely. Hope she's doing well:D

Magic
21-09-18, 20:44
I keep in touch with Annie, but not heard from her for a while. So I texted her.. did not say you were asking about her or gave her any news. I know she is very busy
She is alright that's the main thing.xxx

pulisa
21-09-18, 20:49
Thanks, Magic. That's good to know.

BikerMatt
21-09-18, 20:54
I keep in touch with Annie, but not heard from her for a while. So I texted her.. did not say you were asking about her or gave her any news. I know she is very busy
She is alright that's the main thing.xxx

Thanks Magic:)

MyNameIsTerry
22-09-18, 02:02
That's good to know, thanks Magic. :flowers:

I miss Karina too, pulisa. I can't contemplate the couple of years of hell she has been through and what she & her family will do for many years ahead. Those poor kids. Not only does she have to go through it herself but has to tell them and support them when she's likely in pieces inside.

I hope she has lots of support from her family. She had a great neighbour too who stepped in to help with the farm.

pulisa
22-09-18, 08:11
I think she had quite a few siblings who were helpful and supportive but she had such a lot to cope with. It's 2 years now since Rebel first became ill. I hope Karina found somewhere to live in the Blue Mountains that suited her and the children.

BikerMatt
26-09-18, 21:12
Anybody heard anything from Dave?

I'm sure if somebody heard from him they'd post, but thought i'd ask.

mezzaninedoor
26-09-18, 22:08
Nope, Agreed

Carnation
26-09-18, 22:33
I also keep in touch with Kimberley and she has made great progress. :)

Magic
27-09-18, 16:29
I know Bigboy comes from Stoke and possibly Newcastle under Lyme where I visit once a week. I keep looking for a man with a white Staffordshire bull dog.
You probably think I am bonkers.:wacko:

swajj
07-10-18, 03:01
I have only read a couple of threads lately so hopefully big boy is around and posting. If not then it is sad to know that he is no longer posting. I like bigboy. He is so honest and genuine. I hope he comes back and if he doesn’t then I hope it’s because he doesn’t need to be here anymore. I didn’t get that impression from his posts though. Perhaps his absence is something simple like not having access to the Internet anymore. I seem to remember that he wasn’t working and it’s possible that he couldn’t afford it anymore. Still, there is always the public library so I hope he knows that he can use the Internet there for nothing.

BikerMatt
03-11-18, 16:46
Bump...

Nothing from Dave to anybody?

Magic
03-11-18, 18:00
No, I have heard nothing Matt.

BikerMatt
03-11-18, 18:59
No, I have heard nothing Matt.

I know i keep bumping it, yes i'm a worrier but Dave's disappearance has worried me as he was obviously very lonely and at least NMP gave him some company, friendship and interaction with others.

Carys
03-11-18, 19:05
I've been wondering too.......:weep:

Catherine S
03-11-18, 19:06
I haven't heard anything from Dave either, and unlike Magic I do know what he looks like having met him in April, but unfortunately I live in Wales so can't keep my eye open for a sight of him :shrug: It's always a problem when people live alone and there's nobody to tell us if they're still alive or not.

Hope all is ok with him too. Take care Dave wherever you are.

Cath S x

BikerMatt
03-11-18, 19:11
I haven't heard anything from Dave either, and unlike Magic I do know what he looks like having met him in April, but unfortunately I live in Wales so can't keep my eye open for a sight of him :shrug: It's always a problem when people live alone and there's nobody to tell us if they're still alive or not.

Hope all is ok with him too. Take care Dave wherever you are.

Cath S x

Cath, Did Dave and you not exchange mobile numbers?

Catherine S
03-11-18, 19:28
Unfortunately not Matt, and I remember that he was having alot of problems with the mobile he had at that time. He said it wasn't charging properly and was going to get another one. I've messaged him via nmp since he stopped posting but like everyone else, I never heard back.

Cath

BikerMatt
03-11-18, 19:38
Unfortunately not Matt, and I remember that he was having alot of problems with the mobile he had at that time. He said it wasn't charging properly and was going to get another one. I've messaged him via nmp since he stopped posting but like everyone else, I never heard back.

Cath

Thanks Cath, I didn't think you would of had his number or you'd of said. I know people come and go but with Dave i just can't see it.

pulisa
03-11-18, 20:03
Me neither. I know he would get frustrated with NMP but it was a source of interaction for him with people who appreciated his difficulties and tried to support him. Of course it was very limited support for someone who had to struggle his way through most days.

KK77
03-11-18, 20:46
I fear the worst because it wasn't in Dave's nature to ignore people - least of all NMP friends. This forum was his primary source of interaction with the outside world and his disappearance is very sad, but as Cath says, it's always an issue when folk live alone. To make matters worse, he didn't have any next of kin either as he wasn't in contact with family.

MyNameIsTerry
04-11-18, 02:24
Not long before he was having issues with PM's from NMP. They were coming through blank. It's possible they aren't getting to him?

Sending a mail direct might work? Might be a GDPR infraction though from what Admin have said before?

He used to have a lot of issues with his webmail too.

Doesn't solve anything in regards to not being here but just wondering about whether he is getting what is sent? Maybe Admin can check for a handshake from the other side?

ServerError
04-11-18, 14:36
I have to say, this one is a real worry. I think I sometimes underestimated the effect his life situation was having on him. It doesn't look good when someone so dependent on the forum vanishes like this. There must be a way to find out.

EmmerLooeez
05-11-18, 00:41
I'm hoping Dave comes on soon to let us know he is all okay.

BikerMatt
05-11-18, 19:28
Agree, he was here all day everyday, was lonely, depressed and he'd also mentioned about previous heart surgery. All a bit of a worry.

Catherine S
05-11-18, 19:59
I never got to know his surname, but given a surname and a date of birth and I'd volunteer to either call around the hospitals in his area, or ask his local police or social services if they know anything, but with only his Christian name it's hopeless :lac:

Any ideas?

Cath

pulisa
05-11-18, 20:49
Cath, do you know how old he is? Is he from Stoke? Longton, Stoke?

nomorepanic
05-11-18, 20:55
I will see what I can do to contact him as well.

Catherine S
05-11-18, 21:02
Thanks Nic x

Pulisa, it's not that man. Somebody sent me the link to that story today with pics of the man concerned but it's not Bboy Dave fortunately. But RIP to the man who did lose his life in the area.

Cath x

pulisa
05-11-18, 21:09
I'm so sorry to have to ask you that, Cath..

Catherine S
05-11-18, 21:33
That's ok Pulisa, because I met him I know what he looks like, so it's logical to ask me. No problem.

Cath x

Carnation
05-11-18, 21:48
If BB ever sees this thread he is bound to feel really cared for. I hope he does.

Carys
05-11-18, 22:06
Is there anybody else on the forum with any contact details? I guess not as they would have come forward by now....oh dear...

mezzaninedoor
06-11-18, 00:22
I had a few conversations with BB by Direct Message.
However I felt really bad that I perhaps couldn't offer BB the level of social contact he needed.
I do hope that BB is okay.
I don't have any contact details :(

MyNameIsTerry
06-11-18, 02:50
He's from Newcastle Under Lyme. Not sure if one of the wards so any local news might go by them rather than the town name. I'll see if there is anything in the locals, we don't have them anymore but they put it all on their website.

He was also a coordinator for a couple of schemes so they may be able to find him. But I doubt Changes would release anything, not sure if they might check into it if we gave them the meeting locations he went to (and some dates) and someone remembered him?

But for all I know he may have friends on here who do know and he has asked not to say anything for some reason e.g. wants a break. Just a thought.

mezzaninedoor
06-11-18, 06:49
He's from Newcastle Under Lyme. Not sure if one of the wards so any local news might go by them rather than the town name. I'll see if there is anything in the locals, we don't have them anymore but they put it all on their website.

He was also a coordinator for a couple of schemes so they may be able to find him. But I doubt Changes would release anything, not sure if they might check into it if we gave them the meeting locations he went to (and some dates) and someone remembered him?

But for all I know he may have friends on here who do know and he has asked not to say anything for some reason e.g. wants a break. Just a thought.

fair comment
I went away for nigh on 3/4 months a while back

Carys
06-11-18, 09:48
But for all I know he may have friends on here who do know and he has asked not to say anything for some reason e.g. wants a break. Just a thought.A very good point. I think the fact that he went for one a few weeks came back and did one post and then went again is a more positive sign - as he was 'out of the habit' before that final post in July and then the 'out of the habit' could have extended. He had frustrations with being here often, and often queried moving on - maybe he has managed to do just that.

Perhaps Catherine, without giving away confidential and private discussion that took place - what were his mood/feelings about this forum at the time of meeting? I'm sure there must have been discussion about it, maybe that discussion catalised in his mind some feelings about being here and moving into real world ventures more strongly ? Just trying to explore some avenues here, that might stop people worrying.....

Ultimately, I guess, this is about that tough fact that we don't 'know' each other and have our anonymous (mostly) private space. Oddly, we do KNOW each other pretty well as personalities. It is that strange situation that forums bring.

KK77
06-11-18, 10:11
I have emailed the only other person on NMP (apart from Cath) to have met Dave. I don't like being intrusive but there is genuine concern regarding Dave's wellbeing.

I will report back if this person replies to me.

Carys
06-11-18, 10:33
Thanks KK

Magic
06-11-18, 12:03
Thank you KK77.

BikerMatt
06-11-18, 12:19
I have emailed the only other person on NMP (apart from Cath) to have met Dave. I don't like being intrusive but there is genuine concern regarding Dave's wellbeing.

I will report back if this person replies to me.

Nice on KK:)

It would be a big relief to us all to find out he's okay. I hope and pray for this!!!!!

And actually i wasn't going to say anything, but here goes....... SHAME on the people who Dave endlessly replied and supported them on their posts for not even a mention from them on this post!
Yes maybe they can't really add to what's already been said, but i think some of them DON'T even venture outside of their own threads.

Sorry if that's harsh, but jesus!

Carys
06-11-18, 12:24
....... SHAME on the people who Dave endlessly replied and supported them on their posts for not even a mention from them on this post!
Yes maybe they can't really add to what's already been said, but i think some of them DON'T even venture outside of their own threads. Agree!...and I think you are right to say it.

It is on theme of my thread (healing tongue) where this attitude was discussed in detail.

There are 'givers' and 'takers' on here it seems, whereas the happy medium is giving and taking. I was thinking of freecycle, when it first started locally. They had a policy that you had to 'offer' and item for every item you 'took'. Seems like that should be a life metaphor for some to adopt.

Catherine S
06-11-18, 15:49
Reply to Carys...when I met him back in April he seemed quite upbeat and had nothing negative to say about nmp. He touched on the friendship he'd had with another member that had upset him, but we all knew how he felt about it because he posted alot about it on here. I was only with him for a couple of hours but he seemed fine, although having trouble with his mobile phone at that time.

I did notice in his posts after that day that he'd started asking for people to meet up with him again and seemed to be angry and frustrated. I got the feeling that Dave was mostly on the forum just to meet people rather than for any advice on health issues, and this seemed to be his objective when joining various groups in his area also. So its possible that he may have just called it a day.

Cath

Carys
06-11-18, 15:52
Thanks Catherine, that is helpful I reckon.....I would agree about the 'meeting people' thing as he had certainly mentioned it here a lot of times in the past. I suspect you are right, and he has found this isn't the right place to meet his life aims.

MyNameIsTerry
07-11-18, 02:39
A very good point. I think the fact that he went for one a few weeks came back and did one post and then went again is a more positive sign - as he was 'out of the habit' before that final post in July and then the 'out of the habit' could have extended. He had frustrations with being here often, and often queried moving on - maybe he has managed to do just that.

Perhaps Catherine, without giving away confidential and private discussion that took place - what were his mood/feelings about this forum at the time of meeting? I'm sure there must have been discussion about it, maybe that discussion catalised in his mind some feelings about being here and moving into real world ventures more strongly ? Just trying to explore some avenues here, that might stop people worrying.....

Ultimately, I guess, this is about that tough fact that we don't 'know' each other and have our anonymous (mostly) private space. Oddly, we do KNOW each other pretty well as personalities. It is that strange situation that forums bring.

Dave raised a thread about leaving at the end of March. He mentioned having had a few bad months at the start of May on another thread. I keep thinking he mentioned wishing to leave on a thread in response to someone else but can't seem to find it.

I always got the impression the leaving posts were more because something had upset him and I found he took perceived rejections really hard.

He wanted to meet up with me but I'm just not on here for things like that and would say the same to anyone, and have more than once. I prefer to keep anxiety meets to sessions like Changes run and here I can be more open about certain things and have more time to discuss than in there. I also have my own anxiety which clashes a bit with stuff like this but I'm not someone who does meets anyway and never have been. I've always been more for meeting people through shared real life activities and to be honest, I'm a bit anti internet meets and always have been but I've never done them so it's just a feeling and could change. I also like to keep a distance, I'm not good with keeping up with people and generally lose touch whenever I move on and that may clash with those who want more social activity.

Like has been said, and we said it to him many a time, this place just isn't very good for meets as we are spread out. If this was a local forum then I bet it would be very different.

Can't see anything obvious in the local chip paper but that's only for the reported stuff, not the classifieds.

Carnation
07-11-18, 08:53
Just a thought.....
Taking the last few posts in to account, it could be possible he has joined another forum? :shrug:
I got the feeling he wanted to leave for sometime
I will have a scout on other forums to see if he has done just that.

mezzaninedoor
07-11-18, 09:30
Dave raised a thread about leaving at the end of March. He mentioned having had a few bad months at the start of May on another thread. I keep thinking he mentioned wishing to leave on a thread in response to someone else but can't seem to find it.

I always got the impression the leaving posts were more because something had upset him and I found he took perceived rejections really hard.

He wanted to meet up with me but I'm just not on here for things like that and would say the same to anyone, and have more than once. I prefer to keep anxiety meets to sessions like Changes run and here I can be more open about certain things and have more time to discuss than in there. I also have my own anxiety which clashes a bit with stuff like this but I'm not someone who does meets anyway and never have been. I've always been more for meeting people through shared real life activities and to be honest, I'm a bit anti internet meets and always have been but I've never done them so it's just a feeling and could change. I also like to keep a distance, I'm not good with keeping up with people and generally lose touch whenever I move on and that may clash with those who want more social activity.

Like has been said, and we said it to him many a time, this place just isn't very good for meets as we are spread out. If this was a local forum then I bet it would be very different.

Can't see anything obvious in the local chip paper but that's only for the reported stuff, not the classifieds.

Yes, when I DM's him for a short while I saw that he was keen to meet with folks. Like @Terry thats not something I can provide or would really off the back of a SocialMedia friendship. Just not my thing.

Carnation
07-11-18, 09:42
That's exactly why we are on here and not in the big wide world. It is also the reason that knowing the basis of why BB joined, he may have ventured to another forum.
He did get quite angry about the lack of response to his invitations over quite a period of time and I remember BB wanting to leave several times. I know his interests from conversations on here, so I will have a look around on forums on the web, but it could take some time. :unsure:

MyNameIsTerry
07-11-18, 10:11
Didn't he mention the name of that dog forum?

Carnation
07-11-18, 10:19
If only I could remember Terry :unsure:

MyNameIsTerry
07-11-18, 10:20
I think he used to mention it on those new puppy anxiety threads on GAD.

Carnation
07-11-18, 10:36
OK. Will check it out Terry.

swajj
07-11-18, 10:50
I check in from time to time hoping to see him back. I never knew him that well but I liked him. He seemed so lonely. I remember him talking about hoarding and I got the impression that it was a significant problem for him. In one of his posts he mentioned a woman who was helping him in some way. I didn’t know the back story but reading between the lines I thought she was helping him in some professional way with his hoarding obsession. Of course I could have all that wrong. I hope he is ok. There may not be many people posting on this thread but if he is reading it he will be able to see that some people genuinely cared about him.

Carnation
10-11-18, 10:14
Well I did a bit of scouting to try and find BB, but no luck as yet. :( Let's hope he is on a break. Members do disappear from time to time. Let's stay positive!

BikerMatt
10-11-18, 13:37
Well I did a bit of scouting to try and find BB, but no luck as yet. :( Let's hope he is on a break. Members do disappear from time to time. Let's stay positive!

You didn't wonder around Stoke shouting "Bigboy" did you? Lol
You'd get sectioned:D

MyNameIsTerry
10-11-18, 14:12
You'd get sectioned:D

Or a few offers...:whistles:

(Thanks for trying, Carnation)

Carnation
10-11-18, 14:23
Ha ha, you two! :roflmao:
I won't give up looking, bit If I keep putting Bigboy in to my search engine, my partner might get suspicious. :unsure:

Carys
10-11-18, 14:28

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

MyNameIsTerry
10-11-18, 16:06
I won't give up looking, bit If I keep putting Bigboy in to my search engine, my partner might get suspicious. :unsure:

Google learns too. You might start seeing various "big boys" popping up in the ad banners. That will give MrC a shock :roflmao:

Carnation
10-11-18, 18:07
I'm so innocent Terry, I never thought of that! :blush:

mark84
10-11-18, 19:26

Any excuse! Hopefully the guy is ok

Carys
10-11-18, 19:41
Yeah, she always volunteers for these type of tasks.....only people with dubious user name you understand....

Carnation
10-11-18, 20:04
Just as well I didn't call myself petal or cherry. :D
Does anyone know the name of BB's dog?

pulisa
10-11-18, 20:09
Is it Nipper?

Carnation
10-11-18, 20:19
I think it could be Pulisa. :)

Carys
10-11-18, 20:28
Thats a bit harsh Carnation....I'm sure his dog wasn't called Pulisa :roflmao:

pulisa
10-11-18, 20:31
I'm in the doghouse again...:D

Carnation
10-11-18, 20:33
:D Just read it your way Carys, and strange how words can be misinterpreted. You are on the ball tonight Carys, not literally. :roflmao:

BikerMatt
11-11-18, 00:51

:roflmao::roflmao:

Yes i'm pretty sure Dave's dog was called Nipper.

MyNameIsTerry
11-11-18, 01:56

:roflmao:

Yeah, it's Nipper. There's a few pictures of here on some threads somewhere too so you can even put up "have you seen this dog's owner" posters. :winks:

---------- Post added at 01:56 ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 ----------

Just as well I didn't call myself petal or cherry. :D
Does anyone know the name of BB's dog?

Or any of these ones...

https://prolandscapermagazine.com/gardening-express-reveals-top-10-plants-with-rude-but-hilarious-names/

Wasn't Nipplewort one of the kids in Hogwarts? :winks:

1. Stiffcock
Latin name: Diospyros Crassenevis
Coincidentally, this strong-smelling plant has strong-smelling leathering leaves that are used to make tea that is claimed to be a herbal form of Viagra.

Get some of that down you. Goes well with English Roast. :whistles:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

mark84
11-11-18, 07:42
Or any of these ones...

https://prolandscapermagazine.com/gardening-express-reveals-top-10-plants-with-rude-but-hilarious-names/

Wasn't Nipplewort one of the kids in Hogwarts? :winks:

[I]1. Stiffcock
Latin name: Diospyros Crassenevis

You've a lot of Googling to do now, Carnation :D

KK77
11-11-18, 13:23
I'm sure Dave would find all this banter rather amusing :D

Unfortunately, the member I emailed never replied. I did notice however that they'd been on forum recently. Understandable why Dave got so fed up and angry when so many people lack (un)common courtesy and basic manners :lac:

Perhaps he took my advice and emigrated with his Nipper. I might just do the same :shades:

pulisa
11-11-18, 13:57
That's so disappointing, KK. A response from this member wouldn't have taken a lot of time and could have helped. Any info at this stage would help.

Please don't go!!

BikerMatt
11-11-18, 14:28
I'm sure Dave would find all this banter rather amusing :D

Unfortunately, the member I emailed never replied. I did notice however that they'd been on forum recently. Understandable why Dave got so fed up and angry when so many people lack (un)common courtesy and basic manners :lac:

Perhaps he took my advice and emigrated with his Nipper. I might just do the same :shades:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

MyNameIsTerry
11-11-18, 14:45
To be fair we never know why. Benefit of the doubt is perhaps best.

I can think of many reasons why replying would be low priority compared to something going on in my life.

pulisa
11-11-18, 17:51
It would only take a short while though, Terry and people are worried...

Carnation
11-11-18, 18:49
:shrug:

KK77
11-11-18, 19:24

It wasn't the Spanish Inquisition and I didn't require an essay in response. I asked a simple Yes or No question. I don't wish to pry into people's personal lives or take up their time, but as you say, under the circumstances a response would have been helpful as members are worried.

Anyway, I tried :lac:

pulisa
11-11-18, 19:39
Thank you, KK. All we can do is look into our very limited options.

Carys
11-11-18, 19:39
Thanks anyway. :)

MyNameIsTerry
12-11-18, 02:13

For all we know they could be by someone's bedside in hospital or very unwell themselves. NMP wouldn't even register on my list of priorities. I'm assuming they aren't posting when I say this.

And I doubt they were in touch anyway given what happened or did something change? Worth a try. Thanks for trying, KK.

BikerMatt
17-11-18, 11:15
I had a PM from another member to say Dave came on the forum. I just checked and he logged in on the 13th, so that's good news:)

pulisa
17-11-18, 13:35
It's very good news. I feared the worst.

Carnation
17-11-18, 15:54
Brilliant, I can stop searching for a train loving Bigboy with a dog called Nipper. I wasn't getting anywhere. :lac:

MyNameIsTerry
17-11-18, 16:45
Thanks Matt. It might just be he has moved on after all. I hope so and that he isn't struggling.

Magic
17-11-18, 18:39
:shrug::unsure::shrug: