PDA

View Full Version : Too much

littlemissworry69
30-08-18, 09:58
So good old Google brought me to this site! I’m just looking to vent and hopefully get some reassurance from people going/ having been through similar experiences to myself currently. I am in touch with my Doctor and recently been attending weekly group sessions for How to control overthinking/ worrying after my self referral suggested that it was GAD I struggled with, but I don’t think the sessions are helping at all. Instead I feel I’ve developed some sort of an OCD, I don’t want to offend anyone who has OCD, but it is the only thing I can think to compare it to. I am constantly asking my husband when he cooks or makes me a drink if he’s cleaned everything properly, it’s all cooked, or I just can’t bring myself to eat it. I will clean things he washed and put away in the cupboard, he’s a clean person there is absolutely no reason not to trust him and he’s never in the 3 and a half years we’ve been together made me sick! It’s really upsetting and scaring me, I don’t trust anything at home, but wouldn’t question the hygiene of a restaurant or packaged food from the shop, doesn’t make sense to me. Thing is I could deal with being sick, but I’ve never been very hands on in the kitchen so my confidence on how food is stored/ cooked is shoddy, so I frighten myself into thinking if I don’t cook this right or if that surface wasn’t clean the food will kill me, it’s dying that petrifies me more.

I think I know the reasons behind the triggering of anxiety, I’ve had my ups and downs over the last few years so I’m not surprised by the anxiety, I’m just concerned with the growing fears coming with it.

I feel like an idiot, as hard as I try to distract myself I just can’t move my focus and let my guard down. I would never question any of this a month ago, it has hit me like a ton of bricks and I cannot shift it. As many of you I’m sure know and may have been through before, it’s ruining my relationships with people, and stressing me out to the point I start to worry about making myself ill! The vicious circle is winning :( I’m confident that with the help of maybe one to one counselling as the next step I’ll beat this and get myself back but in those moments of absolute panic, urgh makes you feel awful.

Thanks for reading, I apologise if this is a bit much for an intro!

venusbluejeans
30-08-18, 10:03
Hiya littlemissworry69 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: