PDA

View Full Version : Throat and ear pain?

goldie84
30-08-18, 13:57
I feel like I have a sore or something deep in the back of my throat when I swallow, yawn, sleep on that side etc. it’s not strep or a cold and it sometimes affects my ear on the same side. I’m otherwise healthy no fever etc. I do grind my teeth and have been more stressed out. Any ideas on what this could be?

goldie84
30-08-18, 20:23
Anyone have this?

venusbluejeans
30-08-18, 21:17
Sometimes it just happens that you have a sore throat for a few days. doesn't have to come with a cold.

hazelbritt
31-08-18, 11:24
I feel like I have a sore or something deep in the back of my throat when I swallow, yawn, sleep on that side etc. it’s not strep or a cold and it sometimes affects my ear on the same side. I’m otherwise healthy no fever etc. I do grind my teeth and have been more stressed out. Any ideas on what this could be?

Do you have acid reflux?

MagpieWitch
31-08-18, 13:08
It could be acid reflux, I get it a lot to be honest. Sometimes I actually feel it burn the back of my throat and in my ears. And worst of all it's silent reflux so you might not even hear it or feel it but it does the damage

goldie84
31-08-18, 18:45
It could be acid reflux, I get it a lot to be honest. Sometimes I actually feel it burn the back of my throat and in my ears. And worst of all it's silent reflux so you might not even hear it or feel it but it does the damage

I’m not sure if I have silent reflux. I definitely had acid reflux during my pregnancy (I’m 2 months postpartum) so I know what that feels like. Not sure about the silent reflux. Would it make it so my throat feels sore only in some circumstances like talking sometimes or certain head positions?

MagpieWitch
31-08-18, 20:32
I've had that exact same thing, ear and throat pain these past two weeks but only when I talk or in the mornings. I don't know what it is but since I was on antibiotics for something else, I am guessing that it's the reflux.

goldie84
01-09-18, 00:23
I've had that exact same thing, ear and throat pain these past two weeks but only when I talk or in the mornings. I don't know what it is but since I was on antibiotics for something else, I am guessing that it's the reflux.

Does yours hurt if you press under your jaw/throat? I just noticed I can feel the soreness if I press on it.