PDA

View Full Version : Night nosebleed in kid

nhelen79
30-08-18, 18:38
I'm going back to therapy with a counselor for my anxiety as Fishmanpa has mentioned before. Somehow, still getting anxious over my daughter.

she has been having intermittent nosebleeds at night. Once a month, but this week, it has been once a couple days. I did take her to ENT and only thing i got was that her nostrils are dried inside. Hummidifier and vaseline are suggested solution. she also has allergy and runny nose in the morning.

I then took her back to her pediatrician after the last nosebleed, and after a physical checkup, she doesn't think my daughter needs any tests. She show us how red the inner lining of nostrils are. I got prescribed the nasal gel.
However, she told us since her last CBC blood test is last year, for my peace of mind as a resassurance, if I want to, she can order. She doesn't think it's worth it because it's invasive. Guess what? i opted for the blood tests. She ordered the CBC and some other blood clotting tests.

I felt so guilty when seeing my daughter screaming and crying her heart out during the blood draw on Tues. Usually we get the result back the next day. I didn't hear anything yesterday. Today nothing from the doctor although I gathered all my strength to deal with it by emailing her doctor and ask them to let me know when results come back.

Now i'm stuck in that waiting limbo period with full-blown anxiety. the CBC shall have come back while others take a couple days. Why don't they let me know.

thanks for reading.

venusbluejeans
30-08-18, 23:10
I always used to get nosebleeds as a child..... I still do occasionally do when I get too hot.

I just have weak blood vessels in my nose.

It is good that they haven't let you know to be honest....It normally means that there aren't any problems and that the results can wait till they see you and get al the other results