PDA

View Full Version : got kinda punched in the head

Clydesdale Epona
30-08-18, 20:13
I may be being silly because of the stressful circumstances but my mum was rooting through the lower cupboards and i walked past her,as i did her hand went up and kinda donked me on the front of head I definitely hit my head hard in the past like the time i faceplanted the grass and got a concussion I'm trying to tell myself getting punched in the head isn't that bad and it wasn't hard just an accidental knock that makes a "donk" sound but my anxiety is killing me and i'm thinking about brain damage and internal bleeding :weep:

pulisa
30-08-18, 20:22
It was an accidental knock not a punch as you say. Nothing to worry about-only if you exaggerate it in your mind and blow it out of all proportion..

venusbluejeans
30-08-18, 20:50
I may be being silly

^^^^^ that...

You need quite a bump on the head to cause any damage to the internal structures of the head... that is what your skull is there for to protect your brain and it is VERY good at doing it's job.

MyNameIsTerry
31-08-18, 02:36
I may be being silly because of the stressful circumstances but my mum was rooting through the lower cupboards and i walked past her,as i did her hand went up and kinda donked me on the front of head I definitely hit my head hard in the past like the time i faceplanted the grass and got a concussion I'm trying to tell myself getting punched in the head isn't that bad and it wasn't hard just an accidental knock that makes a "donk" sound but my anxiety is killing me and i'm thinking about brain damage and internal bleeding :weep:

You don't need a gun when you've got a Donk...

https://i.makeagif.com/media/2-26-2015/xRpsO8.gif (/gif/dont-need-a-gun-when-you-have-a-donk-crocodile-dundee-2-xRpsO8)

...:yesyes:

Try to think of it like this, how many times did we all fall over as kids and get back up and get knocked over again? Those in contact sports get kicked, punched and knocked over constantly with considerably force (some wanting to knock their opponent out) yet how rare is it to hear of any of them suffering one of these very serious injuries?

ErinKC
31-08-18, 02:38
I have a 4 year old and she smashes her head hard SO often. I'm constantly cringing. It's insane. So, if she's fine - which she is! - you're fine.

Lola-Lee
31-08-18, 04:29
I have had a number of head knocks you will be fine.
I would be more worried about your mum rooting in your cupboards :D

MagpieWitch
31-08-18, 10:10
In order for a CHANCE to have some kind of issues like concussion or smth, you need to get knocked out. Like black out. Something even your mom would notice.
A brief pain and "ouch" doesn't even get to the brain inside your skull trust me. And this is from someone who keeps hitting her head on everything that might vaguely get in the way (and I also fell from a horse)

mare serenitatis
31-08-18, 16:02
That’s absolutely not true. You don’t have to lose conciousness to get a concussion at all.

OP, you bumped your head. You’ll be okay.