PDA

View Full Version : Swelling on right bridge of nose

hopej101
30-08-18, 22:50
So I know I suffer from Health anxiety. I am 21 years old and I am a senior in college. About the last week of July I experienced a swelling of my right nose bridge with intense pressure. It felt like someone was constantly pinching it. The pain radiated across my face. I went to the doctor and she put me on antibiotics. She said it was only an under-the-skin infection and not a tumor or anything. The pain went away but the swelling only slightly went down. A week after I finished the antibiotics I noticed the swelling was getting worse again. I went to the same doctor and she said she did not want to put me on another round of antibiotics as the swelling seemed minor and there were no other signs of infection. Until then just use hot compresses and ibuprofen for any pain. I have been trying not to stress and spiral about it since then. But today I woke up and the swelling got a bit bigger and I had a meltdown and have been fixating on it all day. Like I’m terrified it’s a sinus tumor way up in the bridge of my nose and it was just misdiagnosed.

I have a therapist that helps me with anxiety and I am considering anti anxiety medication as this is not the only thing I worry about in my body. But this swelling has been around for more than a month and I am at my wits end. My parents are exhausted from my constant worrying. I am tired of leaning on people and yet can’t seem to stop fixating to the point where I can’t even leave my house bc all I do is worry.

ankietyjoe
30-08-18, 22:59
If it was a tumour it would never have reduced in size at all.

Just go back to the Doctor and tell them it's getting bigger and more painful.