PDA

View Full Version : really need to gain weight

cox1981
17-08-07, 10:44
With my panic attacks I always throw up and generally empty everything from my system. After this happens I feel that I cannot eat. When I do feel hungry the food just seems to will around in my month and I can't really digest it. It is because of this that my doctor has put me on Prozac as my weight is down to 8.5 stone (I'm a 5'9" male)

I would really like to put on weight. Has anyone got any tips on how I can get my apetite back?

EebyJeeby
17-08-07, 11:13
As you begin to feel better, your appetite will increase anyway, but in the meantime you could try those supplement milkshakes. I always use Build Up, Nutrament or even Slimfast milkshakes in a tin. They are basically a meal (nutritionally), so if you can drink one or two of those a day alongside your existing efforts with food, you'll be getting plenty of calories.

Anxiety uses up a lot of energy and that's often why we suffer weight loss. As your anxiety lessens, you'll balance up again.

Lindalou64
17-08-07, 12:00
Have You Asked Or Told Your Doctor About This We All Get A Sick Feeling In The Stomache When A Attack Will First Happens Its Nerves.......i Was Put Me On Promethazine When My Stomache Was So Bad I Couldbnt Eat For Months At A Time Food Dont Digest And Just Coudnt Eat.........but It Passes Its Like Another Vicious Circle....i Wsh Ya The Best.........linda